July Mailers?

Thanks for the info, got an order in as well.

Dirty-and-rowdy / Enfield collaboration is released in July, I believe. It’ll be half n half Mourvedre and Pinot Noir. Very curious…

Just got notice from Aubert, allocations available 7-14, for single vinyard PN and their appellation chards…

Well its been two or three weeks, we must be due for a Bedrock release… I kid, I kid… (well my wallet is a bit worried).

I’m very much looking forward to this… Hardy and John blend sounds like it’ll be awesome!

Not exactly July, but the 12C cab offer is coming out on June 25th.

Based on the suspected releases, I would end up spending about twice my mortgage in one month on wine if I get everything I want. Something is going to have to give and I will pass on something. I think I bought it all last year but I have run out of space and my wife is running out of patience. Plus we are leaving for Norway next week and will need some spending money for that.

My space is maxed. So that means some releases will not be purchased. Sad, but true.
One thing I have learned over the years is that there will always be another good wine to buy.
It is OK to say no.

Wow, there isn’t going to be anything left for me to buy in the fall! This is going to hurt.

Have most of these mailers always come this early? Is it an effect of the earlier harvest this year? I remember more August/September offers in the past, for some reason. Maybe that is just wishful thinking.

I still have a case that can’t be placed in storage at home or off-site. Fortunately the temps have not broken the 74F barrier outside or inside the house. Either some heavy drinking is in order or it is time to take drastic measures culling lists.

The Dunn mailer should be coming out soon. Also, Switchback just sent an email about a Reserve 2012 Cab.

Thanks,
Ed

Also received email for 2012 Switchback Reserve and will bite…anyone else?

I just bought… for a case to share with a couple of wine buddies.

Mailers used to come in September. Then one or more wineries figured out that if they moved up to August they could get more people to buy as they hit first. Then everyone ended up in August, so some started to move into July. The next move (EMH is ahead of the curve) will be into June.

Littorai is really ahead on all of this, as they ask you to pay for fall release wines in their spring mailer.

Turley was at the end of August last year. Are they moving it up?

Cayuse… pay in Sept, for April of 2 years later… :wink:

Whether it is growing, winemaking, pricing, or release dates, my eyes are straight ahead. I am a one-woman shop, and I am balancing my need to be at my desk with the need to be with visitors, with the need to be at the winery, with the need to be out in the vineyard. While I am looking at an early harvest for this year, I want to get my administrative (sales) needs all in order before the vineyard work become intensive.

Since I do not have to go to the Board of Directors (because their is none) or consult my partners (of which there are none), I go with an offer when I can handle it.

I just had my big ouch for the summer. Williams Selyem hit.

I gotta start putting these things on a calendar.

Must be the first wave, nothing for me yet.

I just got the Lillian email for the 2013 Syrah and Roussanne today. I went back and looked up when I purchased the 2012 and it was in February of this year but I think that was seconds. Previous couple of years were in September. Before that it was in July. Maybe they are reverting back to the earlier slot?