Juan Mercado stepping away from Realm - new Paso Grenache Venture

Does anyone have the link for the San Francisco event?

Never mind, found it.

Been a big fan and supporter of Realm from the early days with Juan when he did tastings out of a cubicle in St Helena. Realm keeps moving forward … I enjoyed tasting the wines with Owner Scott Becker at RPM Steak a few weeks ago in Chicago and brought along a 2005 Realm Farrell. Looking forward to the August 22nd Realm dinner in Chicago at Mastro’s

2 Likes

Juan Mercado was on a recent episode of “Where wine takes you” talking his new Paso venture. Still being called project X. Sounds like Anthony Yount is the winemaker.

Grenache sourced from Westside Paso (Willow Creek and York MTN). Shadow Canyon, Paderewski, Fulldraw, etc…

Also sounds like a Syrah is coming - SQN/Andremily style (as described by Eric Jensen on the podcast)

Set to debut later this year (2022)…

1 Like

I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting Juan yet, but have only heard very positive things about him from members of the Paso wine community. He has become a neighbor in good standing in fairly short order in these parts.

Got to taste his Paso wines out or barrel with Anthony Yount over at Denner…these may have been components and not final blends. Nonetheless, they were astonishingly beautiful, even during elevage. I was very impressed.

1 Like

Is there a way to sign up for an allocation?

2 Likes

Nothing mentioned in the podcast - just “coming this year”

1 Like

Based on the podcast, I have strong suspicions that Juan will be getting fruit from some of the land that Eric kept as part of the Constellation deal. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Eric was part of the money behind the business. Either way, I’m keeping a pulse on the project because it will certainly be great wine. Love the fruit from all the prized vineyards of Paso that grow Syrah and Grenache.

1 Like

Good to know. I always end up buying too little Grenache even though I like it a lot.

It’s live. Been looking forward to this for a long time

8 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to hearing about the wines.

In!

[thankyou.gif]

In

1 Like

In

In, although it’s weird that the website says you’ve sent an ‘inquiry’ as opposed to a confirm that you’ve signed up/subscribed.

1 Like

Exciting… In!

on list. hope pricing lands in a zone i am comfortable with…

In…curious to see the different wines and pricing.

In. Was an early Realm list member, dropped with the 2013 vintage or so…will be great to see what Juan does with Grenache.

1 Like

im thinking it’s a $150 bottle. id buy here. if it’s 160 or more im passing.

2 Likes