Joy In A Bottle

IMG_2532.JPG

1 Like

We opened another bottle over this past weekend, and it exhibited the same gorgeous perfume in the aromatics. The balance was perfect, the acidity bright and the red fruits dialed in. For me, when a particular wine can keep performing at a high level in multiple contexts and time frames, that to me is a wine of top character and class. For this wine, it is clearly in that lofty place.

1 Like

I know that 2018 was an exceptional vintage for many California Zinfandels, and the “Mancini Vineyard” holds a special place in my heart.

I have a handful of “Mancini Vineyard” reds from Carlisle, Joseph Swan, Boheme, and Reichwage that I need to go ahead and pop. Reichwage currently owns the old-vine site, and bottles a Zinfandel and a Carignan from the vineyard. Still, when it comes to RRV Zins, it doesn’t get better than the ones from Carlisle!

My favorite Zinfandel of all time. It’s really a treat. FMIII blinded me this last weekend, he knew I loved the wine and I actually gave him one of my bottles, the sucker shoved it right back in my face!

Blind I initially thought it was grenache, but not the sweet cherry type, but a well made traditional style. But the nose did not say grenache, the nose said “hello, look at me. I’m beautiful.”

After a couple of hints and redirects I landed on zin and thought Mancini immediately.

Same flight was a Santos Brujos Tempranillo from Mexico that I thought was a very good italian sangiovese. It was a beat down.

1 Like

Mr Brig Campbell, you are a gem. I couldn’t help but love seeing you take that bottle on blind. But as a tidy up, that bottle was courtesy of Paul, not me. I’m going to carefully pick when to open the one you gave me. Like you, that bottle is top class.