Jelly?

I’ve seen it a few times, but only in older wines (~20 yo to +50 yo). Out guesses have been some kind of protein haze.

Some wines have been off, but one sweet Santorini red wine from 1990 was two-thirds liquid and one-third pitch-black, thick jello. The wine was developed, but still in very nice condition and not in any way off. The jello part tasted like grape jelly, but with a somewhat disagreeable mouthfeel.

Spit or swallow?

So, I heard back from the winery. Here is what they said:

The acids were too high in this vintage, so I had to de-acidify. I rack the wine to get rid of it but some floats in the wine and you can’t always get rid of it all. I had a University trained winemaker plain the chemistry of wine some remain unbound and floats. Again, it does not effect the taste and than the texture if it is not strained.

Not sure if I am in complete agreement, but I have three bottles left of this wine so I will see if any others have the same gelatinous experience.

???

Does Parker like jelly wines as much as jammy ones?

Depends on how jammy the jelly is

This would, most likely, be done with the addition of calcium carbonate. In my experience this is extremely rare and I have never heard of this end result. I know a winemaker who did it recently and it certainly did not produce this sort of effect. I am not saying this person is lying but this seems highly improbable. The calcium carbonate additions are generally very small and the stuff is freaking powder. Not sure at all how this result would come from the deacidification process unless they have some other way of doing it or they added some radical amount of CC. Standard addition is well less than 1 g/l to produce a drop in TA of 1 g/l and the precipitate should be salt crystals, not jelly. Sorry, but I cannot explain this answer in any way at all.

Pain grille, instead. 93 points, for sure.

Tangerine

Can you see any distortion shining a flashlight up the punt?

Gelatin is used as a fining agent, but to clarify wines. I have zero experience with it or the procedure. Not sure I have enough interest or time to delve around much, but I see a supply store recommending to rack in two weeks, without saying why. Could be something that’ll form over time if it remains in the wine.

As an aside, instructions for making some fruit wines include adding some pectic enzyme to prevent this from happening. If pectin can cause this in wine, it seems logical gelatin can, too.

OP is clearly not ready for this jelly.