Jeff Bezos engagement wine

A friend of a friend who worked with Bezos and thought he was a complete dork sold Amazon short. Fortunately a small position and he got out of it quickly.

2 Likes

It’s no different than saying, “She wears so much makeup that it’s tasteless.” Or saying, “His comb-over is ridiculous.”

I think we’re having a conversation, about a particularly unserious matter, and conversations meander around in their own way and don’t need to stick strictly to where they began, nor would life be very interesting if conversations did that. So it seems fine to me.

Was there a complaint that this thread is meandering?

It seems quite focused compared to the argument over tobacco notes in the Bingo thread.

1 Like

If you had Bezos money, all expenditures of this sort would seem completely trivial. It’s like if I had to pay $3 for a popsicle that should cost $1. It wouldn’t even register. (Except this illustration isn’t nearly extreme enough; Bezos has so much money that analogies are difficult to conjure up.)

1 Like

as they say, you cant buy taste tho…

Never having had a bottle of Dugat-Py Grand Cru from Domaine Bernard I can’t say.

My only point is that men default to making comments/judgments about women’s physical appearance.

It’s usually not the reverse.

I can almost guarantee no one would’ve commented on his comb over … if he indeed had one.

If she wants to get bad plastic surgery, so what! It’s shooting fish in a barrel.

But no biggie. I’m not ex communicating anyone :kissing_heart:

Just something to ponder

5 Likes

I wouldn’t be so sure on comb overs.

Have you see Bezos topless these days? People absolutely make fun of him for being so ripped. It’s hilarious. Guy is going through the biggest of mid life crisis’s.

Maybe if you are in Disneyland. But it’s a complete misnomer that the “rich” don’t care about how much things cost. First of all, the definition of rich is someone that has more than you and there’s always somebody with more. Secondly, our money habits come from childhood and especially for someone like Bezos who is self made, I’m sure he’s still keenly aware of the value of a dollar. The fact that he may not know how much a specific bottle of wine should cost or care to load up CT on his phone in the restaurant before ordering doesn’t change that nobody just doesn’t care about getting overcharged because he has so much money.

1 Like

All sorts of income levels care or don’t care what something costs. Humans aren’t rational. Search costs for consumables are really high for Bezos or many of the rich.

2 Likes

If people stopped paying attention (and generating click$$) to the activities of the rich and famous, we would see less “news” about them and the world would be a much better place

food for thought

Then you probably should not have read or commented on this thread.

Silent judgement wasn’t working

1 Like

Bezos is really pretty cheap. Anyhow, my invitation failed to come in the mail.

1 Like

Can a person who commissions a triple masted 500 foot sailing yacht with a 250 foot tender to land his helicopter on be called cheap?

There’s an old saying, the peasants know what the king is having for dinner.

:wink:

Perhaps Bezos has been feeling blah about wine for the past six weeks and he’s simply trying some cheap stuff to regain his wine mojo.

1 Like

He is on lots of other things though. petty stuff.