Jeb Dunnuck Top 100

Le Chiuse for the big win (#9).

Also made #2 w/ Wine Enthusiast and #5 w/ Wine Spectator

Of all the critics out there my best luck is with Wine Spectator. I get it they do advertising but they also are not handing out 97 point scores to every third wine.

1 Like

I love seeing so many Santa Barbara County wines on this list. Tensley at #5 - Love it!!

2 Likes

Good to see some Paso Robles wines on the list too as 2019 is being hailed as possibly the best harvest ever for the region.

1 Like

Not enough 100 pointers for me in the top 10! [wow.gif]

Jaffurs too. Says a lot about the new crew taking over for Craig.

1 Like

Matt Morrisā€™ label is a pretty hot one right now. His wines are really excellent. Note that heā€™s arguably the most well-known wine photographer in Napa right now. He photographs for a lot of the top wineries.

Is there a single 95+ pts wine thatā€™s at 13.5% ABV or lower on these lists?

Plus Ƨa changeā€¦ :astonished:

1 Like

Dragonette does make great Sauvignon Blancs, so Iā€™m happy to see them on there.

This was an extremely helpful list for me to read. I have long suspected that Jeb Dunnuck and I do not have a lot in common when it comes to preferences. I do have a question about Bordeaux for those who have had more opportunities to taste through recent vintages: what do his tastes seem to be there?

itā€™s funny how the only people obsessed with alcohol levels are the ones that want them lower.

complaining about jebā€™s taste for bigger wines is pretty tired. it probably was like 6 years ago.

The Clarice Pinot he chose (Garysā€™) isnā€™t below 13.5 but itā€™s just below 14. Just an FYI.

Adam Lee
Clarice Wine Company
Beau Marchais Wines

1 Like

I couldnā€™t care less what any critic thinks, but imagine if say an art critic simply eschewed reviewing all sculptures, and some sculptors complained that they got short shrift.

ā€˜itā€™s funny how the only people obsessed with sculpture are the ones that sculpt.ā€™

:shrugmoji:

i think your analogy isnā€™t apples to oranges. you infer that jeb isnā€™t reviewing lower alc wines. thatā€™s patently false. certain people who like lower alc wines and winemakers who want to pick at 20 brix or donā€™t like new oak certainly wonā€™t be a fan of jeb. no shĆÆt.
jeb doesnā€™t categorically review only wine with a certain alcohol level, or pH, whatever your arbitrary metric is.
his reviews tend to favor high alc. level wines.
this is not new, as i said. other critics prefer lower alcohol wines-the sky is blue.

my point is the lower alc/afwe crowd love beating this dead horse, whereas those that prefer the opposite type of wine almost always remain silent on critics who prefer lower alc levels/afwe wines.

2 Likes

I am outraged that the list is clearly skewed towards the regions that the reviewer focuses on!! Clear bias!

1 Like

Dude loves him some big syrah.

One man operation canā€™t review everything. Plus 95 points for some regions would not look too good.

Meant two person operation. Checkout their website.

What do they use for prices on these? Heā€™s showing DDC at $120, but I can find it multiple places (WineExchange, K&L, Wine.com, HiTime) for $89

[popcorn.gif]