I've reached my maximum daily reactons. Trust issues

Any update on the trust levels issue?

I was just informed by a popup that I have reached my maximum daily reactions because the new site doesn’t trust me. That’s ok. The feeling’s mutual.

The popup assured me that “as I gain trust levels” I’ll “earn” more reactions. That’s all very cute (if a tad insulting) but I know Todd was working on getting the trust levels fixed so we don’t have to wait months for the software to “trust” us.

On a more philosophical aside: The children who wrote this dystopian algorithm need to understand that with software, it’s the humans that have to trust it, not the software that has ti trust the humans.

2 Likes

If you’d ever been on the other side of dealing with the volume of spam that the typical forum gets, I think you might have a better understanding of why the software absolutely should not trust the humans.

1 Like

There’s always a rationale to cede control to the algorithm. Never cede control to the algorithm.

2 Likes

the ‘max likes’ was set at 50 - I set it at 100 but are you going for some sort of record, Guillermo?? Jeez!

Maybe eyeing a new badge? ROFL
https://www.wineberserkers.com/badges/35/crazy-in-love

I’m just spreading the love. When you have a thread that has over 50 different users posting substantive responses in one day, you have to be thankful.

I notice you don’t even have any silver badges. Only bronze. Jelly? :berserker:

I’m just a big noob. :cheers:

The OP reminds me of the annoyance I feel every time a CAPTCHA asks me to prove I’m human.

It really doesn’t captcha your fancy?

Just wait until the Touring machines captcha your humanity!

@ToddFrench Most of us who logged in upon the switch to the new site are getting Level 2 now. (Everyone’s getting an email from your spoof account lol;) The number is increasing by the minute. You can probably reset the Level 1 settings now to whatever they should be.

I knew it wouldn’t take long for the regulars to ‘level up’

1 Like

Fixed it for you :cheers:

Avatar is a puppy dog, just sayin.

1 Like