It's The Weekend, 9/11/09, What Is Everyone Drinking?

Tonight…

06 Rivers-Marie SC Pinot
07 Neal Family Zin
08 Novy Keefer Ranch Chard

Tomorrow with kids…

08 Neal Sauv Blanc
08 Herb Lamb E-II Sauv Blanc (Thanks to Carrie & Randy)
07 A.P. Vin Keefer Pinot
05 Foley Claret
05 Switchback Merlot
06 Switchback Petite Sirah

Sunday tailgating before the Phillies/Mets (second) game…

Yuengling lager

I’ll be opening a '96 Leonetti “American” Cabernet

Tonight an 06 Dehlinger Claret.

I plan on biking down to Big Sur on Sat. If I make it as far as Nepenthe, I’ll drink some Siduri Rosellas Pinot out on the patio. They usually have this in stock.

Tonight, in honor of my mother’s mother, who was born on 9/11, I’m drinking the flight of Cornas at Vin Vino Wine. I’d like to think my grandmother would have drunk Cornas, if she’d drunk wine. :wink:

Tomorrow I’ll be drinking recent Bordeaux releases at a K&L Bordeaux Lunch in Redwood City, and tomorrow night, who knows–going to a BYO party with no particular theme, so no idea what we’ll be drinking, or even what I’m bringing yet. Sunday there’s a sake tasting I’m tempted to attend, if my Sunday morning head doesn’t object.

At an offline tonight, 82 La Mission Haut Brion, 86 Pichon Lalande, 89 Lafite and a host of other French wines. Sure there will be some surprises as well. Should be a good time and nice to revisit the Bordeaux . . .

Please post notes. I’m sitting on mine. Thanks.

This…will…not…suck.

I have a bottle of 08 Caboche VdP on the counter for tasting.

I’m finishing off a bottle of 2005 McPrice Myers Beautiful Earth that I brought in from home.

And don’t forget your Boyd & Blair artisanal Potato Vodka from beautiful PA!

Are you going to be at the tasting room tomorrow at any point? If you are, and we’re in the ghetto at the right time, I’d love to pop in and say hi. With the time of year, I certainly understand if you’ll be too busy a bee to be bothered.

Will do T-Bone

Tonight a 07 Carlisle SC Zin with pizza
Tomorrow night some yet to be selected Cab with steaks
Sometime Sunday afternoon will be tasting at the Betz release.

[/quote]Don’t expect that shit from me in the future. You get nothing but a constant stream of Oregon Pinot Noir.[/quote]

That’s enough to make anyone hurl!

Not going to happen if Phil picks it. He likes the same stuff I do.

Now, if you or Whetty picks the wine . . . all bets are off.

It will be a 2001 CA Cab, not sure what until I get downstairs.

Bill, I’m ashamed I at this point can’t even recall the hero’s name the uttered the words “lets roll” I’m even more afraid that in another 8 years they may not even have any importants at all!

On this day 8 years ago our son (a highscool senoir) returned home and told us he was joining the Marines, he did. Three years and three months later he was gone.

My wife and I still/always will beleave in the cause.

Last night was a 2003 Novy Syrah Gary’s with some grilled deer strap. Tonight I’m heading to a local wood fired pizza place so I’ll drag along an Italian of some sorts. Tomorrow is an offline with Paul Jaouen where we’ll be swilling some mighty fine frog juice.

Lala tasting tomorrow night…and whatever everyone brings (thinking about bringing a 98 Astralis)

Tim, I am speechless. What an incredible sacrifice for something we all hold dear. My thoughts are with you today.

Not sure about tonight…last night was Vodka and Tonic (7 of them)…Sunday should be damn good…

Sunday so far:

1996 Salon
2001 Ramonet Bienveneue Batard Montrachet

1981 Beaucastel CDP
1983 Guigal Cote Rotie La Landonne

Then a stream of burgundies…yet to be determined.

Last night:

'02 Cristal
'03 La Fleur Petrus
'01 Latour
'00 SQN In Flagrante

Tonight:

Still deciding . . . celebrating a 40th birthday with friends . . . prolly have to start with non-wine first!

Sunday:

I’m with Bowden and Cornutt

A 40th’s birthday? Is that your dad’s friend?