It's Friday, 5/1/09 - what are you drinking this weekend?

I see a lot of domestic '08 pinkies in my immediate future-- JK Carriere Glass, J. Christopher “Cristo Irresisto”, and Boedecker Cellars Reflection.

No idea yet…I’m just thinking about squeezing in a bike ride before the rain hits today…then i may think about wine!!

1996 Penfolds Grange tomorrow night with a Flannery rack of lamb, Wellington style.

Not sure about tonight, we’re going to the Mariners game.

As for tomorrow night I’m taking at a minimum:

Mag of 1996 Domaine de la Louvetrie (Landron & Fils) Muscadet de Sèvre-et-Maine Sur Lie Le Fief du Breil
2001 Rapet Père et Fils Corton-Charlemagne
Possibley a mag of 1990 Château Doisy-Daëne

I have not decided on reds yet but that’s Steve’s area anyway.

Our favorite Pole, PMC, is coming to NYC today for a Duck & Burg fest. Michel Abood is planning.

As far as I’ve seen, I know there’ll be some Vintage Champagne, Rousseau, Bachelet, Chevillon & Ramonet. [cheers.gif]

I thought your favorite Pole was in Phil’s P-Rob’s house…

And wouldn’t that be a “Squat & Gobble fest” instead of “Duck & Burg?”

Sincerely,

T-Bag

This coming from a man who’s polished quite a few poles in his lifetime. [good.gif]

Please see YOUR avatar…

That is all.

Oh, I’m drinking Nicolas Feuillatte Palmes d’Or Rose this weekend. I’m am privileged.

I’m not Español…I’m Mejican…puto!

If past poker games are any indication, something very good.

How many people does it take to drink a mag of Sauternes?

I’ll be at the McPrice Myers, Barrel 27 and Hug Cellars dinner in Paso. Rhones look likely in my future.

1989 Beaucastel tonight with duck.

1995 Pahlmeyer red tomorrow night. Had to break one out as it was so damn good at FFII. This one is only a measly 750 however.

Not really sure yet but I’m willing to find out. [drinkers.gif]

Going to an offline to play poker and participate in the CT Virtual tasting.

Wines will be:

2005 Long Shadows Syrah Sequel
2004 Glen Carlou Syrah
2006 Montes Syrah Alpha
2006 John Duval Shiraz Entity
2007 Saint-Cosme Cotes Du Rhone

We are also all bringing a bunch of other bottles to drink.

Tonight at dinner with a couple of friends, we’ll pop…

06 Beringer Sbragia Chard
06 WesMar Oehlman Vineyard Pinot
06 Ketcham Estate Ketcham Vineyard Pinot

Tonight, some QPR 2005 Bordeaux:

Pipeau
La Tour Carnet
Frombrauge
Cantemerle

Get ready to lose your wine Yonster! [big_boss.gif]

This event may get messy. I think we are looking at about 15+ bottles for 12 or so people. Should be good fun! [drinkers.gif]

No way am I losing my wine. As long as I time it so I don’t get drunk until AFTER the poker game. Although that may be a bit hard, So yeah, I’ll probably lose my wine. Damn it!!!

Actually, now that I look back at the thread over on the CT forum, looks to be 15+ people and say each brings a bottle to drink, plus the virtual tasting wines, we’re looking at about 20+ bottles.

[wow.gif]