It's Friday 3/27/2009...What's Everyone Eating This Weekend?

Last night the pizza with Tony V. was the best I’ve had since I moved to CA. Just perfect, and they even had pilli pilli on the table. First time I’ve seen that outside of Europe. Pizza Nostra, 300 DeHaro St. San Francisco.

Breakfast Saturday: Perfect blueberry and walnut pancakes at the Pork Store on Haight St.

Tonight: Dinner with Tony V., Christianne and friends–all things Pinot and foods that go with Pinot.

Found whole Australian Racks of Lamb at Costco for $4.99 a pound. Having one separated from the bone and marinated in EVOO, Meyer Lemon Zest, Garlic, Rosemary and Telicherry Pepper. Served with asparagus and herbed couscous.

Yea, but then I’d have to change a main rotor blade/tail rotor paddle or two…and all that follow on maintenance, track and balance, functional check flight re-torques etc. It would cut into quality time set aside for grilling giant rib eyes.

Much easier to push them down the steps. [haha.gif]

Friday night was pigs in a blanket with 2005 Showket Cab.

Carrie left today to spend the weekend with her sisters. Here’s the list of what she left me to choose from:

Frozen Digorno pepperoni pizza
Frozen Stoufers Lasagna
Frosted mini wheats

I have the key to the store room, so the choices of wine are very good. [cheers.gif]

Randy, I’m giving you the coveted Victor Hong Bullshit award.

Varasano’s for dinner tonight (Saturday)

http://varasanos.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We were supposed to do Burger Qwest tonight, but do to time constraints we ended up at Charlie Browns for their burgers. Drank an '07 McMurray Ranch Sonoma Coast PN at the bar with a bacon cheddah burgah and came home to watch Ben Hur with a 2006 McPrice Myers Atlas Vinas Grenache blend

Tomorrow I will steam little neck clams in white wine, garlic, and fresh thyme, and then poach cod filet in that broth. Serving it with roasted Ukon Gold taters and baby chokes.

Todd Hamina mentioned Typhoon in his thread about Seattle restaurants, so I had to go back to one of their Portland restaurants-- the second time in six days. This was a girls-only lunch with all dishes shared. We had jasmine tea, miang kum, green curry, and drunken noodles. The drunken noodles were SO good-- so much more heat than we expected, but the burn just made us want more.

Bob, you might as well know the truth and why Carrie left me the list. Last night I opted for the lasagna. I dutifly followed the instructions and nuked it for two minutes less than it called for. I couldn’t tell where the black tray started and the burnt lasagna ended. There were two usable bites in the center. Ate those and washed them down with a bowl of frosted mini wheats and an 06 Raptor Ridge P/N.

Undaunted, I put half the pizza in the toaster oven at the shop today for lunch. It called for 23 minutes but the smoke in the shop after 16 minutes made it obvious the instructions were wrong. I salvaged some of the center. I have the front and back doors open hoping to clear out the smoke before Carrie gets back from the coast. There are those of us who are kitchen challenged. [help.gif]

Since for a change Carollee cooked Sunday breakfast, corned beef hash and eggs, we’re going to eat light tonight - New England Style Clam Chowder.

Poor baby. Maybe you could call meals on wheels next time? [wow.gif] [rofl.gif]

Boy, I go away for one night and Randy almost burns the store down. Jeez, I thought I left him easy things to prepare, I should have known better. Peee UUU, it smells like burnt crust in this store. I can hardly wait to get home ! [rolleyes.gif] [smack.gif]

Bachelor mode for me. I’m a week into a diet high in egg salad sandwiches, green salads, enchiladas, and random bottles of wine. Good news is I’ve lost 2 lbs on this diet.

[rofl.gif] [berserker.gif]

Saturday nights dinner was amazing: roasted halibut with lemongrass, duck breast with a truffle sauce, flank steak with a pomegranate reduction sauce, great cheese and a salad with greens fresh a friends garden…

Sunday we ate more simply…oven “fried” chicken, roasted sweet potato and some steamed broccoli.