ISO Wine Shops: Northern NJ / New York

Gary’s, buy rite in jersey city, wine library, crush, chambers street

Lots of great stores in Manhattan that can ship to your office since it is in NYS. Chambers, Crush, …

Sherri, Joe L: thanks fr the headsup, having moved upstate, I guess I am out of touch with the local retail scene…I am on the mailing lists of Bedrock, Carlisle and AO.

1 Like

You may want to check out Zacky’s in Scarsdale, NY. Great selection and able to source hard to get wines. [cheers.gif]

Zachy’s

Plucky wines. No storefront but great online selection (and excellent restaurant). The guy who runs it (Brian)is fantastic and if you’re looking for something specific they don’t have; he will look into getting it for you.

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions! Looks like there are may great places to visit. I’m a little less worried now about getting good wine locally; living in California was really an abundance of riches.

That’s the one.

Though I haven’t been in a while so my information may be out of date. I used to spend time there both when I lived in Mahway (10 years ago) and later while my car was being serviced at Ramsey Mazda next door but these days I get a loaner and Arnold and I head up to Woodbury Commons for the day.

I was going to mention them, too. Small and cramped but an interesting selection. I picked up a Navarro Chardonnay there a few years ago at a time when Navarro’s wines were unheard of around NYC.

Since OP said he’ll be working in Tarrytown, the bridge shouldn’t be an issue. neener

Ramsay Bottle King is really a discovery! I’ve been there twice in the last 10 days on your recommendation. There is a lot of plonk there, but also very good stuff at great prices. They had very good prices on Mount Eden and Mount Veeder cabs and Ramey chardonnay, for instance. And they had '16 Ch. Cantemerle for $34, '16 Dom. Tempier Bandol for $46 and '15 Nervi Gattinara (now owned by Roberto Conterno) for $40. They were cleaned out of Charvin '16 Cotes du Rhone at $18 – $5 or more cheaper than in NYC.

They have a lot of Kermit Lynch and Polaner imports.