Is there no Vodka thread or did I miss ir?

Interesting that you didn’t mention vanilla which is usually one of the go-to or telltale descriptors of oak.

My wife likes UV. I like Finlandia, probably because I drank it in Finland. Still upset that the store in Helsinki with the with the moose peeing in a bottle of svedka vodka t shirt was closed when I get there. Even though svedka is good.

Distilled spirits are…distilled. They’re all gluten free.

I bet you’re the guy who orders “Tito’s and Vodka” when you’re out. neener

Signs of the apocalypse

Asked and answered! [snort.gif]

Au contraire. Now I just drink 2oz of this neat when I eat my Sandwich and save about 190 calories. Sure my coworkers think it’s a bit unusual that I drink Arby’s flavored vodka while at my desk, but I’m trying to lose a few pounds!

Just had the Gold Line for the first time this year. It’s so amazing.

Good stuff definitely.

I’m pretty much stuck on Russian and Polish vodka. I usually just stick with Stoli - but I love Sobieski, which is quite inexpensive, made with Rye from Poland for Bloody Marys -

Not a fan of Domestic Vodka at all (Tito’s is just a hot mess for me) -

When mixed I use Tito’s. Sorry Kane, but it’s about the only thing I consume that hails from Austin, TX.

When making or ordering a martini it’s Grey Goose. Keep a 1.5l on the bar in the house.

Anyone else find the typo in the thread title appropriate?

Made a quick attempt today to buy a Ukrainian vodka so I could toast the heroism so many are displaying. Not many options locally, but ended up with Krol, a potato vodka conceived in Poland and maybe with Polish ownership, but made in Ukraine. Sipping on a shot with a little lime, it’s more of a vodka for cocktails but decent stuff.

Героям слава!

-Al

Look for Kruto. I keep a 1.75L on hand all the time.’

Looks like it is just distributed in FL, TX, and CO. No CA. [cry.gif]

other options distributed in CA are Nemiroff, Khortytsa, Solod.

there’s some controversy over the boycotts that some states/other entities have put on Russian vodkas, as far as efficacy, etc., but I’m all for it as a symbolic gesture. And as Al mentioned, having a toast of Ukrainian vodka can be at least a gesture of solidarity during these dark times. Perhaps Polish vodka could be a decent alternative given its large role played accepting so many refugees…

2 Likes