Is 2016 Produttori Riserva Really $100??

I should have more specific, I meant CA. Have only seen East coast retailers making offers. Where’s the West coast love?

Just saw 2016 riserva at Binny’s in the Chicago area (specifically it was the Highland Park store). They had several bottles of each of Montestefano, Muncagota, Pora and Rio Sordo—all priced at $74.99.

Not the 2016, but a case of 2013 Produttori Asili just posted to Vinopolis in Oregon for $89. I haven’t seen these available since the offering that went quickly back in 2017.

Drank a 2016 Asili last night. Really enjoyed it. The nose and complexity right from opening were pretty great.

Haven’t been able to find a shop with the 16’. I bought lots of the 16” produttori riservas but the Asili still escapes me. If anyone has any luck finding a source hit me up! [cheers.gif]

Not here in the West yet. Still selling 2012.

I picked mine up a few weeks ago here in LA and have seen them up for sale locally in the $80 range.

PSA - Wine Connection in Del Mar just received a case of several 2016 Produttori Riservas.

There are still a few left of Asili. Happy Hunting [cheers.gif]

1 Like

PSA- envoyer has a few bottles of 2016 Pora for $69.99

I managed to get all but 3 of the ‘16 Produttori cru, except for:
Asili
Montestefano
Pajé

I have been looking a while but am only finding things at a price point I won’t pay. Anyone got a line on 4-6 of each of these closer to the $80 mark I averaged foe the others?

Looks like Zachys has some 2016s around $84.99 if that works.

I saw a '16 Rio Sordo for $63 yesterday. But I’m not telling where.

Limited quantities but Wine.com with a $50 off $250 coupon brings them down to $63. Even lower if you’ve got a $100 off $300 coupon.

WineX has 2 bottles of Montestefano at $80 - best price I’ve seen in a while.

1 Like

I’ve been drinking a Rabaja for the last few days and I think it’s phenomenal if you like Nebbiolo, hard to imagine a better value in wine for $75-80. The Asili is special too. But it’s hard to imagine how good the Rabaja will be in 15-20 years. Pull the cork and the nose will light up the room

I was emailed a couple weeks back for $75 on all eight Cru. My local did an eight way tasting for $50 AYCD, and for my taste the three standouts were Rabaja, Ovello, and Asili. Muncagota was the most tannic and nearly undrinkable in its current state.

I just recently purchased a 6 pack from a fellow Beserker of Rabaja for $100 each plus shipping and honestly was happy to do it. I really wanted them. Now I have that one and Ovello. If anyone has any other '16’s, please PM me. I live in Louisville and definitely have some interest. TIA

PSA: WineWorks Online has several of the Rio Sordo, Muncagota and Pora left for $65-70… Please buy them before i lose willpower and go back for the rest.

PSA - one 16’ Rabaja mag available at SommPicks.