Introducing source | material (German Wine)

Signed up obviously

Very cool Robert. This is very exciting. I wish you the best of luck in this venture. Just signed up!

I can’t think of two better people to pair up and create this excellent venture. I also think this will be a great way for you and Stephen to educate us on new exciting wines coming out of Germany. Although my cellar is dominated by Keller and Schafer Frohlich, I need to make room for the new generation which includes the likes of Max Kilburg, Dennis Wolf, Peter Leipold and Moritz Kissinger. I am really excited about Moritz’s chardonnay project, although some will give me grief since Germany is known for Riesling, Silvaner and Pinot Blanc. Thanks for you love of wine, food and music.

Well Said Adrian. I too am excited to have possibly the two best german wine minds on earth as a resource to educate me on lesser known producers and newer wines coming out of Germany.

Signed up and order placed for first offer. I look forward to the wine but perhaps more to the education

Made my first purchase on the site! I’m excited to try these. I have never had them. Can’t wait to hear more about them from others who have tasted.

1 x Emrich-Schönleber Riesling Frühlingsplätzchen GG 2019
1 x Emrich-Schönleber Riesling Halenberg GG 2019

I know tasting window is different for everyone, but was is typically the “best” tasting window for these. Also let me know if that question should be asked elsewhere instead of classified section. Thanks.

I have not had the 2019s yet (very few have), but I have drunk both these GGs back to at least 2007. They are, year in and out, not just among the best GGs, but among the best white wines in the world. Your only mistake is not buying more. :wink: With only one each, I’d ideally wait at least 10 years, though they will be delicious at every point between now and then. In the meantime, buy some Frutau or Halgans. Tonight, we had 2009 and 2011 Frühlingsplätzchen trocken (precursors) and both were fantastic.

Thanks to Source Material for making these wines available!

I’m in! Can’t wait to try more German wines. I love your enthusiasm, Robert.

Thanks so much Sarah.

You are right. I should have bought more [head-bang.gif] . I have been spending a bit freely lately on wine and a Artevino III so my wife might murder me if I spend the kids college funds :slight_smile:. With that said, you have talked me into going back and I was able to get one more of each. I didn’t need much arm pulling. Now I can, at minimum, taste them at different stages of life. Thanks so much for the help and the nudge I needed to buy a bit more [cheers.gif]

I am very excited for Source Material making these wines available. I also want to say thanks to everyone on here for helping educate individuals like myself (especially Robert D, Sarah K, Brian S, Andrew K, and Maureen N who have been extremely kind and helpful).