Introducing Hermann Ludes

I bought some of '19 Kabinett’s from Lyle a few years ago. Drank them far too quickly because I really enjoyed the wines.

1 Like

It was a bit funny. Had to bring an Ah-So for the '95 and the cork was barley holding on with some gross mold starting at the top to about 3/4ths down and the '10 was just a simple twist off. It was mostly just something fun before dinner–but there were some home made samosas and sauces served.

Had the 2010 a year ago. Loved it, but also felt like it would benefit from 10-20 years more :grinning:

4 Likes

Just had a bit of the 2021 kabinett “Monster”

coiled beast. searing acidity and zippy fruit. tense. tensile. mobile.

excellent.

5 Likes

did ‘ludes in college. Haven‘t had the wine.

2 Likes

for anyone who might be interested in the latest releases.

1 Like

+1 to what brother Klafter said. Refreshing youthful vitality. Loaded.

6 Likes

I have high hopes for this wine! Think it will be amazing in the future (it is already good ofcause).

1 Like

Certainly packed with the materials to develop into something special. Hard to leave it alone, though. 3 bottle purchase was clearly not enough!

I went with a 12-pack. Not sure it was enough :grin:

1 Like

Did you get it from Crush?

Not sure who you are asking- I got mine locally. For around $30 with a mixed discounts.

1 Like

Comparing the ‘20 Thornicher Ritsch Kab to Monster on a rainy day on Mount Desert Island:

1 Like

Drank an '04 Thornicher Ritsch Auslesen 2 nights ago and it was killer. It didn’t have chrysanthemum/oolong tea aromas of the '94/96 wines that I drank earlier this year but I think with another decade of age, it should develop those amazing aromatics.

Love this producer and wish I could find more of the back vintages.

6 Likes

The 1994s, 2004s, and 2010s are killer. (Bought some back vintage bottles when offered a couple years ago. And a decent number ended up in NYC generally.)

1 Like

Hung out with Julian last night. His 22s are insane. So happy for his success, it could not happen to a nicer guy.

3 Likes

I have a handful of 2021 Ludes Kabinett and I am almost certain I got them from Crush.

I’ve become obsessed with them as well. Been drinking a few 2021 and 2022 Kabi’s over the Christmas holidays. Great stuff!

Was also able to buy a few 2010 Auslese for the cellar. Had that wine a bit more than a year ago and it was very good, but young. So excited to drink them 10+ years down the line.

1 Like

Loved the 94 I had, hope I can find more…

2 Likes

Did you have a favorite bottle out of his 22s? Looking at picking up some to try as I always value your input.

1 Like