In a world without DRC...

Not that I have a whole lot of experience with it, and even less with the others, but for my rare forays into Cotes de Nuits GC, I find Mongeard-Mugneret Grands Echezeaux consistent and in top vintages compelling.

Dan Kravitz

I love Richebourg of Anne Gros
I love the wines of Charles Noëllat of more than 30 years.

Now you’re telling us that you’re selective asshole? [wow.gif]

Let me break it down for you: you’ve been on WB for six years now with 1,701 posts. That comes out to just 23 posts a month, if you were being consistent all these years. That’s hardly a good metric, especially when many users/subscribers who have been here that long have had 3-5x your activity, easy. And now you demand some form of respect through seniority and WB experience? That’s hilarious. You remind me of those people who speak loudly, but stand at the back of the crowd.

Does just the name DRC bring out the “Jerk” in people? Just askin… [pillow-fight.gif]

A facetious response after your “indelicate” rant makes you look a little too delicate.

Is that you Paul?

I live in a world where DRC is pretty irrelevant to me. :slight_smile:

In the past my wife and I were lucky enough to drink a bottle of 01 La Tache and Echezeaux over lunch, those days are gone.

Friends,

Lots of animosity here. Please stick to the real very interesting discussions. Regarding the issue “MALCONSORTS is not LA TACHE” I would add : certainly not. It is much cheaper but also extremely fascinating. Pierre Nawrocki who was at the time the winemaker at Hudelot-Noellat’s said :“on peut se tromper entre une Tache et un Malcconsorts.” (you may mistake a Malconsorts for a tache…)If even he had it wrong sometimes…
SINCERELY JOHAN

That’s the point of every thread on WB.

Resurrecting a 4 1/2 year old thread to suggest that people stay on topic made me laugh out loud.

Thanks for that. There ought to be some sort of honorary prize for random thread bump from history.

Cheers,
fred

[berserker.gif]

I think the answer of Leroy is missing the point. I’m assuming the OP was seeking out the next best thing kind of answer. Leroy is both harder to obtain and more expensive.

Anne Gros from the 90’s was making a hell of a Richebourg.

Looks like my good friend Bill Zhang did not last too long here…

IMO Mongeard-Mugneret for Grands Ech, not that I’ve had them all. Have never had Leroy, but most of the others.

Dan Kravitz

Shhh! Don’t let it get out! [wink.gif] It’s already hard enough to find.

IMO, DRC expresses terroir, Leroy, the producer style.

It took me at least twenty years to understand DRC wines. There are very unique expression and no similar expression in any producers, not trying to say better or worse but unique. Leroy and Comte Liger Belair are obviously the top producers in Vosne. I like Mugneret Gibourg Echezeaux.

Ech: Bizot, Lamarche & Mugneret-Gibourg
Richebourg: Leroy, Meo-Camuzet & Thibault Liger-Belair
RSV: Arnoux, Dujac, Lamarche & Leroy
GE: Drouhin & Lamarche

…and if you want Richebourg, Echezeaux or Grands-Echezeaux to drink early on, Mongeard-Mugneret is a solid source.

Aren’t you forgetting Follin-Arbelet’s 0,5 ha of RSV?