Impressed with Vine Vault lay flat boxes

Not a bad idea, we use those for groceries, they’re like $10?

yes, from walmart. can hold about 18 bottles

had looked at Domaine’s version but went the cheaper route. As I am putting most on shelves, don’t need the trap door

Over $10/box on Amazon?!! That’s highway robbery. It’s cardboard. What am I missing here?

Do they stack cleanly?

How sturdy is this with all those bottles in the box? Might be ok if on a shelf but I would be concerned lifting this with 12-18 bottles.

yes they do

1 Like

have carried up and down stairs with 16 bottles. No issue.

Of course once on the shelf, don’t plan on moving them other than pulling it out to grab a bottle

Initially bought 4. Bought 10 more after testing

1 Like

Btw for bulk storage, I found these plastic storage tubs from Costco that cost $8 and seem to perfectly store burgundy, champagne, and bdx bottles. You can put ~50 bottles per tub and they are waterproof. You can stack them although they get very heavy if full so I wouldn’t stack them too high. I just have loose bottles in them that don’t fit in shelving.

You’re far stronger than I if you can lift a 50 bottle tub high enough to stack

1 Like

Link? svp.

They don’t have them online, only in store; they look the same as those black and yellow sterilite ones that are $20 on Amazon.

You can put the empty tub on top of the full one then put the bottles in.

I’m just not sure of the structural integrity if you start stacking them higher than 2.

Thanks Michael.
Looking for something which can keep bottles a bit more densely packed than the shelves I’m using in the passive part of my cellar.
Now to decide which size makes most sense for practicality to pack full, but still have reasonable access.

Thanks Jordan and Michael.

Got some InstaCrate boxes like the one above, except all black at Costco for $6.99. I saw the big plastic tubs for $8.99 I think, and decided they were just too big. I want something I can move without emptying. Not real fancy, but a big upgrade from the de Negoce cardboard boxes I have now.

I also bought more from Costco online. Sold out at the moment

I don’t think instacrate let the bottles stack as nicely IMO. I have a few of those too.

it’s also an empty space surrounded by 4 walls. how is that different?

The bottles don’t lag down evenly and get angled weirdly.

FWIW, Costco is having a sale on the crates and big totes starting tomorrow. Only $1 off, but it’s something. Item #917985 for the crate, The big tote is #718262, but does not show up in a search. As far as storing evenly, about the only ones I have that do are the slope sided bottles for Champaign and the like. None of the the de Negoce bottles, which have become my storage problem, have straight sides.

You have a forklift in your cellar?