I'm a cranky old man

I was getting ready to post about being old, but sumbitch got me by 8 years!

Congrats, Mike.

Dan Kravitz

…and don’t get me started on the dumb drivers out there. They can quickly build the level of crankiness!

The Wine Spectator profiles are usually quite comprehensive, include multiple photos. In fact, the current issue has a lengthy article about Dave Phinney.

Colin [cheers.gif]

Very funny responses. Made me smile. But just for a minute ! Then I went back to yelling at clouds.

I agree Burgundy seems to be the exception. In fact I’d hold Burghound up to be the best example. He does a little interview with each producer about the vintage and any changes at the winery since lat year. Tanzer and WA use to do the same by my memory.

Hey. I love being a grandpa.

1 Like

I saw that, had no idea you could be so happy!

It was funny. At the end of my father’s days the staff was telling me that he lost his filter shall we say. They wouldn’t tell me what though.

As I’m rediscovering California I’m interested in learning more about the winemakers, their philosophy and of course vineyards.

I did notice that WA had some more info from the 2019 reviews.

I do think Burgundy is the exception. The writers have always offered extra details.

Not just a vertical, but the “Definitive Retrospective.”

pileon

In fairness, given that there have been, to my knowledge, no other complete retrospectives, even in-house, it’s hard to dispute