I'm a 100 points on that...

And of course you’d need different stems for Suckling points, Parker points, Galloni points, etc. To direct the correct points to the correct part of the tongue.

Somebody sent me a file that had exactly what he said in that clip set to techno music. I used it as a phone ringtone for a few years.

I actually met JS at a tasting and found him to be very nice, I new my phone was turned off but I was a bit nervous.

So good.

I’m $.99 on that ringtone…

I both laughed and got douche chills at the same time.

My fiancé heard the video and said ‘I hope that wasn’t a real video. And if it is I hope you hate that guy’.

Dude is seriously the worst.

Nobody has more 100 points scores than this guy.

http://www.timatkin.com/articles?1777

I think Ron Washam made me laugh once, but I’m getting too old to remember when. The potty humor is as forced as, well, the constipation he tries to employ as a comedic device.

I was questioning a local wine merchant about his prominent display of Suckling scores and mentioning what little credibility Suckling has IMHO and this was his reply.

"Thanks, Mont. Do you have an example that prompted you to make this comment? Suckling and Martin are the only ones that matter now for Bordeaux. I rarely, if ever, include a critic review without also commenting on a wine with my own notes and thoughts. So the score is merely an extra reference. I never recommend a wine based on a score. If I recommend it, it is because I have tasted it and recommend it.

Does that help to clear it up? I hope you know that if I send out an offer, it is a personal recommendation. We have a lot of integrity and still taste everything we offer, especially Bordeaux. It would be a lot easier for me to buy and offer only wines with big scores. The truth is that I decided not to buy many Bordeaux wines with big scores this year."

My take is that high scores help him sell wine. [winner.gif]

Gotta love that starting at about 1:36, in the space of just a few seconds he says “grenache” three times, but pronounces it differently on the third try. Forgot to be pretentious?

An all-time classic!!!

As you know…

Couldn’t agree more. Lol.

That’s funny.

Also, a couple of things I noticed the second time around with the whole I live in Tuscany thing that makes it particularly special. In bold and underline: “As you know, I’m the European Editor of The Wine Spectator [turns to camera], so I live in Tuscany [rising up talk voice].”

In this case, what bad word is “Mont” a euphemism for?

Same here!

Of course, the preceding statement leads invariably to the subsequent statement. [cheers.gif]

The Mexican vingeron’s don’t know how good their fruit or wines are, but James Suckling does, and it’s up to him to get the word out to the world.

Chateauneuf is typically too ripe for me, so maybe I need to try those cool-climate Baja Mexico “treasures.”

Then he remembered

Thursday, June 1, 2017
Earlier this evening, the Italian government honored me in Hong Kong’s Central Plaza with a knighthood as a Cavaliere dell’Ordine della Stella d’Italia. The award was bestowed to me for the decades I have spent promoting Italy and its wines across the world.

At least in this he is honest. His job is one of promoting wines and himself, any pretense at being an objective critic primarily serving his readership is long since gone.

Definitely a devaluation of the Italian honours system IMO.