Ideas on an aged killer Brunello

Salvioni brunello DI Montalcino.It ages well 20-25 years In good vintages.it’s one of the top traditional pruducers along with Cerbaiona,Soldera,Poggio Sotto,Biondi santi.1999 should be In i’ts drinking window now.
You Can also try Colleoni.Also a very good traditional producer,not AS expencive as the pruducers above.the 2004-2006 are gorgeous now.
I live In Denmark,so i don’t now the American prices.

I second the recommendation for Caparzo La Casa. It is a Cru from the Montosoli hill, one of the best terroirs of Montalcino. The wines are typically dark fruited, often more elegant wines than those from around Sant’angelo or Castelnuovo dell’Abate. If I recall correctly also Abbruzzese/Valdicava bottles a Cru from Montosoli and also Biondi Santi has vines there. Caparzo La Casa 1988 is drinking extremely well. Another suggestion from this area is Gianni Brunelli/Le Chiuse, although from end of the 90ies on there is also fruit from the estate near Castelnuovo blended in the final bottling. The 2001 however is giving very much pleasure at the moment, as are many other 2001s. On the other hand, many 1999 and 1995 are still on the young side IMO.
Solderas Case Basse from 1991 is an outstanding wine, multilayered with great depth. As it isn’t a heralded vintage, you might find it for a good price. Soldera himself said he was very proud of this wine.
Lisini has a solid track record as well.
I don’t have much experience with aged wines from Poggio di Sotto, but the ones I’ve tried had lost much of their energy they showed in cask.
One last remark: Lisini used to bottle a wine from ungrafted vines called “Prefillossero”. They made very few bottles and only bottled if the wine was judged good enough. They have pulled out the vines now and don’t make it anymore. If you can trace a bottle, you’re in for a real gem.

1995 Pertimali Sassetti Riserva that I had last October was my wine of the year. Absolutely gorgeous!

Byron