I wish this producer would make a . . .

I wish that all Niagara, Ontario wineries would make botrytis affected wines even if they have to take the Beringer approach and spray spores onto the grapes and let them go to work in a controlled environment.

I also wish that more of them would make late harvests and/or icewine out of the varietals that you would think would be no brainers but they refuse to make en masse: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Gamay Noir, Baco Noir and Chambourcin.

Scherrer OMV and Shale Terrace Zinfandels are very elegant, extremely food friendly, age beautifully, and are incredibly consistent. I’m not familiar with Bedrock Zinfandels all that much, but Carlisle Zinfandels have a tendency (I’m trying to be good here!) of being more fruit-forward and full bodied, with typically higher alcohol than Scherrer’s style.

Attention Craig Haserot…

Sojourn Chardonnay!

Tom

How about an SQN Zinfandel…although I would only get a postcard to let me know I was not able to purchase any…

Tom

Didn’t know that Chris - thanks! I guess quantites must have been tiny…I don’t see any on Wine Searcher Pro and the holdings on CT are very small for each bottling. In any case, I hope they make a rose again some time, as I’d really like to see what they do with it.

Andy

I would like to see Bruno Giacosa make a quality white Zin to show the rest of the world how to do it right.

Hard to think of traditionally French producers outside of their region, but would like to see:

Rhys – Rose and Sparkling wine
Ridge – Pinot
Anthill Farms – Chardonnay

Kutch Sparklers.

I guess in France, you could have some producers make a different wine in their region – for example, Alain Voge could make a Hermitage.

Or, if you wanted to think more improbably, you could have someone go outside of the rules and make a chardonnay or syrah in Bordeaux, and just not be able to label it “Bordeaux.” Can you imagine an Haut Brion Chardonnay, or Pontet Canet Syrah?

Maison Ilan Pauilliac ?

Dave Smig make a White Rhone Blend

Kutch Chardonnay.
Reynvaan Grenache.

Chris beat me to it, but I lifted a picture from CT for educational purposes, thus claimed under fair use.
Your wish is granted, I suppose:

They’ve done a Zinfandel Rose as well, which was pretty good.

Cheers,
fred

Kevin,

Just go ahead and source some grapes to appease me. Thanks! [cheers.gif]

Patricia Green Cellars Chambertin.

[smileyvault-ban.gif]

I wish Pepiere made Chablis

Good one.

Been there/done that. Back about '73 (by crackey) thay made a CoastRange PinotNoir, largely from SantaCruz fruit I recall.
It was…dull…but very cheap.

Or if Carlisle made a Sonoma cabernet?

If Mike does something like that…I’m outta there.

Tom

Just curious – why? Even if the cab didn’t interest you, you’d stop buying the other wines because of it?

No…of course not. I passed on the latest Bedrock Cab. Pretty much have zero interest in Cabs.
Tom