I swear we are confirmed and not changing plans (traveling to Burgundy from Zurich)

Wow Kathy is letting you go to Burgundy? Is she going wine tasting with you??

she’ll be there. dunno about tasting wine

I’ve driven from Zurich Airport to Beaune many times. It’s a piece of cake and you are on your own schedule.

yah i read it’s all interstate highways, easy drive. I’m honestly just worried about being too tired for the drive. I think making the pit stop at the border is the best bet.

We’ve picked up a car at Zurich Airport and driven the short distance to Basel for a couple of nights before going to the Upper Rhine. Basel isn’t a bad place to recuperate after the long flight over.

You’d be hard-pressed to find the actual border (or any part of the border in this route). You’d drive past the it and not realized that you already did. I’ve driven the Zurich/Basel to Dijon/Beaune a few times and I recall that actual towns are a bit of a driving distance from the main highway. Unless you want to stop for lunch at a restaurant in a town, and unfortunately, if you are the only driver you’d likely and wisely not have wine with the meal, then you can plan for a restaurant in, say, Besancon. Otherwise, motorway stops along the way are your most convenient and quick bet for stopping and having some good coffee and snacks. Note that motorway stops in this route are few and far in-between, but they do have good coffee.