I have no wine

Then why the hell did you even start this thread?

Seriously?

He really doesn’t have any wine. For how long, who knows?
It’s a major PITA even if completely recoverable.

Why not go to your WB buddies for a little sympathy and commiseration?

Wait…Scott has a pizza oven?!? You never told us THAT Scott!

David understands. Some of the rest of you, not so much.

So sorry to hear about the home disaster. When I switched from Chubb to Pure, they suggested and offer a premium discount if we install an automatic water shutoff valve, plus they discount the cost of the hardware from the company they recommend, Leak Defense System. I have been procrastinating for the past several months, but your story just might have pushed me to finally act on it. They say that it is the most common major home claim, averaging about $55,000 per claim if I remember correctly. They also recommend a plumber change all water supply lines to washing machines, toilets, etc. from plastic valves and rubber or plastic hoses to stainless steel. Now that I am retired and spending more time at a vacation home, it sounds like a good idea for me to move ahead. Just passing on the info in case it is of benefit to anyone.

Funny you mention plastic. The thing that broke was the plastic coupling on the $5 flexible supply line to a toilet.

Simple solution. Send the wife and kids out to buy some wine and take pictures of the wine store while doing so. While they are out you can order a Kindle on Amazon. Problem solved.

Oh, shit.
I”m calling a plumber.

That’s a $5 part, and easily replaced by almost anyone with little plumbing skills :slight_smile:

yes, but I have less than little plumbing skills.

Figured, which is fine. Let the plumber go through the house and check things out [cheers.gif]