Hudelot-Noellat 2010 Bottle Problems

Nor me. GCs too?

They didn’t say anything to me until I asked to pick up the wines. Do you already have yours?

Opened a 2010 Chambolle Village last night. inspired by this thread.
Foil was dry but smelled a bit of old wine, Cork was half soaked.
The wine showed well in the glas. A beautifull balanced village. Absolutely no taints. Better than 2008 and 2009

Some of my 12s have arrived. Extremely high fills, with no more a pea-sized volume of air in some. No seepage though, and the capsules spin freely

Opened one of the 2010 Murgers last night. Was young, but quite delicious. No sign of heat damage. I did think it was slightly spritzy, however. Here is a shot of the cork.

Screw the Hudelot, I want to try one of those Bouchards.

Scott: how was the fill on the seeping bottle, compared with the other HN bottles?

What this sounds like to me is something wrong with the corks. How can so many bottles, from so many sources, on two continents, all be leakers? without signs of heat damage, or pushed corks (all I’ve seen or heard about so far are puffed capsules, but no pushed corks). Is it possible their cork source is a problem?

Mine looked very much like Scot’s and the fills were still plenty high.

I’ve pulled corks from these and there weren’t any issues. None of the corks were pushed up. The seal was tight and required the expected amount of resistance to insert the cork screw and pull the cork.

In a semi-related note, I’ve noticed that with my ‘older’ Fevre Chablis (02-05), many of them have had very soft and spongy corks. This makes me wonder if, in the case of Fevre, poor cork quality/consistency has contributed to their poor premox record.

But could they be unusually porous, even though they have good strength otherwise?

How would one tell with the wax covering it?

I have a 6-pack of 2010 H-N pending from PC. I guess I’ll probably take delivery and decide what to do at that point?

I’ll have to check records (I would have done a bulk transfer to offsite storage), but I don’t think so. Anyway, very helpful info - I appreciate it.

I did see the report of affected CV, but if anyone has word on the Richebourg or RSV I’d appreciate it.

Yeah. Ouch.

I posted on this about a month ago. I got 3 btls of '10 Murgers, and all have seepage… I kept them on faith, knowing that the noodly spaghetti monster has my back.

Noticed this with all my 2010 HN Chambolle. Opened 3-4 of them. There was no seepage on the outside but the corks were stained 50-90%. Fills were high so I chalked it up to high fills/over fill. Corks also seemed a bit softer to me versus other corks? Wines all tasted fine.

What is a ‘reefer transport report,’ I wonder?

What the captain of the Exxon Valdez was doing [wow.gif]

What is a reefer transport report?

Most likely a Partlow Chart (or electronic version) of temperature and time, for the duration of the transportation in the reefer container. Carriers use this to defend against claims of temperature deviation.

All the fills were very high. So perhaps cases were shipped and shaken up. CO2 and a less perfect cork?

Good spot. 64 Monty and Cdl Mousse. champagne.gif