How to ask to cut a deal for a bottle of wine?

But that is only because thery realized that you were overcharged the first time based on the amount of the leased space you actually used. [wink.gif]

Fourteen Feet and Two Cups.

And time of use! [welldone.gif]

I don’t think anyone would be hurt of offended if you offered them a lower price. Frankly I’m guessing they’d love to hear an offer.

If you know who the owner/manager is that is the person I’d ask, if it is an employee that doesn’t have the authority don’t waste your time. I think you want to avoid the employee broadcasting over the store “hey this guy wants a discount” -that would probably make you uncomfortable- but it wouldn’t bother me a bit as I’d say “hey you’ve been holding this thing for years-are you looking to sell it or continue to hold it”…I don’t think that should be your take.

I’d simply say “I notice this bottle has been sitting around for a bunch of years-do you have any room in the price?” If they say “how much” I’d basically offer what ever they typically discount their closeout bin -say 50%. If you ask for 50%, they will probably counter at your price.

It doesn’t hurt to ask-unless it is Posner’s place and he slashes your tires…but then again you said it was a classy place so I guess it can’t be Posner’s place [wink.gif]

-paul

Let me get this straight…you’ve waited THREE YEARS hoping to save $13?

Dang.

Yes. Or for my salary to increase from 'zero" to “first-year associate”.

Go ahead and ask. In my limited time (one week) I get asked everyday if I can do something on the price.

You know, folks, I’m pretty sure that repeating things that were said in the first few posts (read the thread?) doesn’t help, nor does berating David at this point.

Hint - if you’re coming to an older thread with a lot of replies scan it at least before hitting reply and repeating what’s been said as if you’re the first to think of it.

I’m curious… has the OP gone and asked yet?
update?

result?

TN?

Man, I sure do wish people would read the read before posting. That way they wouldn’t repeat what others had already posted.

Man, I sure do wish people would read the read before posting. That way they wouldn’t repeat what others had already posted.

[tease.gif]

was this at me? :slight_smile:

I didn’t see an update… i’ve been following this thread…

No.

http://www.wineberserkers.com/viewtopic.php?p=211428#p211428" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It loses something by being on a different page. [cry.gif]

meh. Look at Dave Erickson’s post a couple above my last post… that’s what I was getting at. it seems like people hit reply to the OP without realizing the exact same point’s been made several times. One thing if it’s all within a few hours, but coming here after days and doing it just seems silly. Less about this thread than the practice generally… I mean, if people aren’t going to read replies…

I thought your fingers had a stutter ! [haha.gif]

D.Z. Enter the store all confident, pull out an FDA Regulatory Sheet, and tell them you are required to test the so called bottle for possible free SO2, which may be leaking and contaminating the premises. Then offer a fair value FDA trade in fee, say…$25, hand it over to the gentleman behind the counter, have him sign the copy, ask him to double-bag the wine, then state “We’ll get the results back to you in about 3-4 weeks.”

Then place the double-bagged wine in a plastic bio-hazard bag, knod professionally, and walk out.

Just to be clear, I was just making a joke. I completely agree with you.

I can’t believe this thread is still going…in fact I’m a little surprised it even got started.

And thanks for contributing to the total post count, Father Saxon.

You complete me.

We can always Berserk it. [wink.gif]

You’re already doing it in another thread…which Im Berzerkin’ back atcha! Bee-otch!