How much would you pay for ultimate wine ?

I think 1989 Haut Brion is over-rated and over-priced, but of course it’s all a matter of personal preference. I had it from a magnum in 2005 or 2006 and it was very nice, but not my top 5. The 1970 Monfortino was much better (a gift from a client who bought it on release), and the 1971 Monfortino is supposed to be much better than that. I like the idea of sharing the purchase and the wine with friends. I tried to buy a 1963 Nacional at auction with some friends but some guy spiked us with a silly bid so we lost. That method might get me some La Tache.

I would struggle with the implications of opening a wine I knew ahead of time was going to be the best wine I ever drank. how do you know the right time to open that bottle??

but anyways Im in the 300-500 camp. because my wife would kill me for anything above that regardless of how good. She would also probably kill me for 300 until she tasted the best wine ever.

in a way though, I don’t know for sure that I would WANT the wine that would ruin all other wines.

The answer to that is well-known: half.

Kinky

I don’t have a number, but I’m reminded of something a very, VERY experienced wine lover and drinker said to me once: “Most wines that cost thousands (or even hundreds of dollars), I’d rather have the cash in my bank account. But then there are those few wines that I cannot believe I can get for mere money…”

I suspect most men would give up all of their material possessions to find a true love for life. It is so hard to find. If you give up all your stuff you can start again to build a small fortune. However when you lose a true love, sometimes you find another sometimes you dont.

On a slightly more sarcastic note “How much money would you pay to a woman you thought was the ultimate woman but turned out not to be ??” Well if your name is Jeff Bezos, about 67 BILLION DOLLARS, making MacKenzie into the richest woman in the USA. Pretty cut and dry if I am correct, no prenup, and as they been together 25 years the entire wealth was before Amazon.

Her settlement amounts to 2 BILLION Six Hundred and Eighty Million for each of the 25 years. Numbers are approximate, and could change if the stock moves up or down but who cares ? For each year married she is getting the entire net worth of Oprah ! She was loyal and with him from the beginning but he created the company pretty much and was the man with the vision and persistence that made him amazingly wealthy. For her to get half of the wealth that he created and could of if he was single is a bit crazy, but that’s the law. C’mon 10 or 12 billion could have gotten her a few huge boats a plane helicopter and a few mansions. Hope she donates a lot instead of spoiling the 4 kids and ruining their motivation.

Haven’t been following their issues but I’m wondering if he’s a wine drinker and if he is, what he would pay for the ultimate bottle after he writes that check. Or maybe he’ll have to cut back and go for the cheap stuff.

As far as what to pay for the ultimate bottle, are we talking red or white?

The question here should probably be how much of your post-tax income you would be willing to spend (guessing the range is between 1/10 of a percent and 10%).

What’s Ghost Horse selling for these days. Only $5,000
https://www.ghosthorseworld.com/Wines

Yes. This is the question that takes absolute dollars and makes them relative. I spent about 3.5% last year… which is totally nuts.

Greg, I think it’s up to you on red or white.