How much Wine do we drink a year?

2-3 bottles/week so lets call it 100-150 per year

Too much or not enough… It depends on the day, week or year…

CellarTracker shows about 300 per year average consumed from our cellar. Add another 50 or so purchased at restaurants or while traveling. Since we consume a bottle a night, that would make sense but it doesn’t account for the “dry January” we’ve been doing for over 20 years.

Lots.

But way too modest to count.

At least one more bottle than Neal.

Don’t want to think about it, because then it really becomes obvious that I own way too much wine…

For the last couple of years, we have averaged about 200 bottles a year consumed at home, either just my wife and I or when hosting parties. Of that usually 3-4 cases is consumed by family and friends visiting us around Thanksgiving.

200 bottles is about a ~35% reduction from prior years. Part of that was a stated goal to drink less (but better!), which we have achieved, part of that is that we discovered bourbon.

It doesn’t count wine consumed outside our house. But we don’t drink that much wine in restaurants/bars or at the houses of our friends/family.

420 last year that I recorded at home. Doesn’t include anything we had outside of the house, either from the cellar or purchased, or anything with other people at dinners, restaurants, etc. That would add quite a few more. Also doesn’t include tastings - these are just bottles we had at home.

But you figure that white wine doesn’t really count, so it’s not that much all considered.

True. In the words of Ron Swanson, “clear alcohols are for ladies”.

Still young in my journey, but my consumption over the last 5 years seems to have leveled off around 200 bottles/year. Not including group tastings, dinners out (I deeply wish the laws were more lenient here). Also enjoy a cocktail periodically, an occasional dry lent or January. I shudder to think of applying Anton’s math to my own habits…

Apparently 276 bottles, not counting about 6 wine trips with LOTs of tastings.

Between my wife and I about 150 out of my cellar.

Quiet happy with that number. It pays off to keep your hands of the bottles during weekdays.

First time I’ve run this # from CT and was a little surprised that it was just over 300 bottles. That involves a lot taken to dinner parties, etc. Maybe the most surprising thing was that there were 16 bottles that went missing in that period! Maybe I need to cut down on the consumed bottles and focus more on those sneaky bottles that are going missing! [cheers.gif]

Since I started keeping track about 30 years ago, about 150 bottles per year from my cellar, not including restaurant purchases which are not common. It was more like 200 per year the first 5-10 years. Recently it’s more like 80 per year.

My wife and I will typically open a bottle a week and drink about 2/3 one day, then finish it the next. Some weeks we go through 2 bottles, plus tastings and dinner parties. Used to be a lot more tastings. We also used to serve more wine at our dinner parties. Our gang has all shifted towards drinking less as we’ve aged.

We avg around a bottle/day.

Good question…NFI

We take about 350 per year from inventory. These are normally the bottle that we share with dinner. My wife probably drinks an additional 50 with her girlfriends which were never entered into inventory.

We seem grouped in the 300-350 range.

Very interesting!

Roughly 150 bottles a year for me. Maybe 30 for the missus.

We hover around 100 a year out of the cellar, or two a week. This doesn’t include restaurants, other people’s wine, or parties.

I feel like we have some catching up to do based on the numbers I’m seeing higher up in the thread!

TW

We’re somewhere in the 350-370 range.

100 to 150 bottles