How many US Cabernet Sauvignon producers are represented in your cellar?

14 - Cabs are one of my favorites.

2-
Ridge (Estate and MB)
Mondavi (Reserve)

24 counting blends

I am at 32 producers.

6 and that’s plenty for me.

Mount Eden
Ridge
Dominus
Dunn
Mondavi
David Arthur

Many producers, though, are just a few bottles. I have chosen to focus more on having a broad vs deep cellar, in that sense. Although, there are several producers (Myriad, Quivet, Larkmead, O’Shaughnessy, EMH, RIvers-Marie, Outpost, etc.) whom I’ve purchased in what I consider significant quantities.

16 in all, but only 7 with more than 2 bottles, Ridge, Montelena, Ravenswood, Arnot-Roberts, Heitz, EMH, Matthiasson.

Schrader Cellars
EMH
Sojourn
Maybach Family Vineyards
Myriad Cellars
Lewelling Vineyards
Quivet Cellars
Anderson’s Conn Valley Vineyards
Bedrock Wine Co.
Congruence
Coup de Foudre
Ghost Horse
Kapcsándy Family Winery

1. Which is 2x as many as I thought I had. [wow.gif]

20, but that will reduce to 19 when I open my 1 bottle of Phelps Insignia next week.

Four - Togni, Apsara, Dominus and Simi.

25+

Dennis, curious why you unloaded the Dominus? I don’t own a lot of Cab but I have a few, decently purchased, back vintages of Dominus but stopped buying it as the pricing hit the turbo zone in the last 3-4 vintages. I still really like the wine just not the pricing anymore.

The price was the reason. It was a $$$ to enjoyment decision combined with a palate shift. I could sell it for significantly more than I paid for it, and use the money towards Burgundy.

51 Who Knew???

counting blends

Here are mine. I’m buying a few older btls of killer stuff that isn’t the latest Napa Valley mailing list thing. The new stuff I buy tends to be in the same camp. I make no effort to join any list anymore.

13 Buehler reg cab
12 Smith Madrone - maybe the best bargain from Napa Valley
07, 10 Mt Eden Estate Cabernet & 11 Domaine Eden ( a really good buy)
96/05 Heitz Martha - bought recentlyv
95 Arrowood Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma County - bought recently
96 Mondavi Res - bought recently
99 Diamond Creek Cabernet Sauvignon Volcanic Hill -bought recently
05,06 & 07 Dominus
01 Spottswoode - stopped list with 01 vintage
05 Togni Esate & 13 Tanbark
Pride - 01 Res, 01 reg, 09 reg, 10 reg
12 Inglenook Cask ( with vintage label)
13 Chappellet Signature
07 Kapcsándy Family Winery Estate Cuvée State Lane Vineyard - (a one time only purchase from winery, too expensive)

But you’re buying other new Napa Cab producers still? 47% of my cellar is Burgundy but I’ll happily drink up the my current Dominus. For me, they’re balanced and “traditional” enough that they go fine with the occasional streak. Not selling mine. I was never a big Shafer HSS fan and did sell off a couple of those long ago when I realized they didn’t do it for me at the price point. I’m still buying a little bit of Napa Cab but nothing with a lot hype surrounding it anymore unless its an old school styled ala Heitz Martha type steal at Hart Davis or one of those places selling older btls.