How is the Durand wine opener?

Give it time. We’ll figure it out! pepsi

(my bet: Somebody will eventually come in here and say they’ve been using their trusty $7 pulltaps waiter’s corkscrew for 30+ years and it’s never failed them and it’s silly to spend $140 on the Durand.)

It´s good, but very expensive.
I often use an Ah-So in combination with the spiral of a screwpull (imitation) … works as good … and the spiral is longer and better …

François Andouze has shown his implements for opening old bottles here somewhere and a durand is not among them.

I cannot believe that you said that. You are totally wrong and an ignorant slut!!!

[About this long??? newhere [smileyvault-ban.gif] ]

He uses a (simple) cork screw with a long spiral and wooden handle, holding the bottle above his knees in about 45° …

The price always made me skeptical. I was given one as a gift and I now swear by it for any bottle over 20 years old or if the cork looks chancy. I can’t tell you whether to spend the money, but you will be happy with the corkscrew.

Agree with Jonathan and Brian (his first post) it is absolutely spectacular for opening older wines. Once you actually use it, you will kick yourself for being so reluctant to purchase it.

You darn Pepsi drinkers don’t deserve a corkscrew as good as the Durand. Only Coke drinkers can properly appreciate their elegant functionality.

Just doing my bit to maintain board incivility…

I’ve had a 100% success rate on older bottles, you’ll never regret buying it.

I`m a fan and use it for most bottles, especially all that are 10 years of age of older.

If i remember correctly, it’s because he doesn’t like using the ah so part as it destroys corks.

+1 piling on.

I did break mine. Handle snapped off the corkscrew. Gorilla Glue fixed it.

I bet they’d replace it under warranty

make yer own

[rofl.gif]

Love mine…

JD

must have…

I love mine- Received mine in a box with bad magnets and they replaced it within a week.

True ballers have personalized Durands: