Hospice du Rhone 2024 in Walla Walla, WA

Cool, Thanks for sharing. This is close enough for us to attend and I’d love to check it out. Will put Dec 1 on my mental calendar.

Very excited for the new location! Only missed one or two HdR’s since 2000.
Can’t wait to hear more details of the event.

1 Like

Sean Sullivan’s write up announcement here https://www.northwestwinereport.com/2023/07/hospice-du-rhone-coming-to-walla-walla.html?fbclid=IwAR0SNjx5TFlBRxVrP2syU9Sgjk3wgSx3Ii63ngqH3se8mLsT9cdZId1n7Kw

1 Like

So, there won’t be a HdR in Paso in 2024?

Yes, sounds like this edition of the now biennial version will be in Walla Walla. The other event is more of a resort type thing, never attended but seems much different.

-Al

We’re thinking of going to this one. We love Walla Walla.

Al, did you ever look at the cost of lodging for the luxury version?

I believe the cost varies by the type and level of lodging at Blackberry Farm (they appear to have a variety).

-Al

Blackberry Farm pricing is in the range of
“if you have to ask, you can’t afford it”
:grinning:

2 Likes

HdR Walla Walla is less than 2 weeks out…last post was 9 months ago. Now that the smoke has cleared, who is actually attending? My wife and I will be there, but of the 12 folks we hung out with at HdR Paso in 2022, zero are attending WW. Reasons range from logistics in getting to WW, event tickets selling out too quickly, or conflicts with other events.

We are looking forward to our first trip to Walla Walla and wondering who else from the WB community will be attending?

Cheers,

Steve

1 Like

I wanted to go as we had such a great time at HdR in Paso two years ago. But at $1K to attend, with travel and lodging on top, it just wasn’t feasible this time. Sad to miss out on getting to try some more WA producers.

I will absolutely attend next time if it comes back to CA.

1 Like

FYI - if anyone is late getting lodging for HdR or has been relegated to a couch in your current rental, just posted this in Commerce Corner. Definitely not fancy, but a short walk to most of the event/dinner venues (except Grand Tasting and Bowling would require a vehicle or Uber).

https://www.wineberserkers.com/t/room-for-rent-for-hospice-du-rhone-walla-walla-24-28-apr/320887?u=steve_anderson

Cheers!

Steve

They also seem to be releasing more tickets as the event gets closer. I’m not sure if these events were actually sold out or if they were holding them back.

Have a blast up there. Cheers!

I’m going for the first time. Hitting up most of the events. Not sure what I think about having a CDP seminar at 9am, but if I stay up all night the day before it won’t matter, right? :joy:

The bowling event will be fun, and is a great way to get some of the wines poured at the Grand Tasting out of the way early.

Bringing a mag of 2016 Levet La Chavaroche to the bottle share Saturday night. Might need to decant that one a few days early!

3 Likes

Larry, both you and Adam S-F will be missed!

2 Likes

I’ll be there with camera in hand as usual. I’ll post some photos here after the event. Kind of fun to have new venues.

1 Like

I’m very excited that Hospice is coming to Walla Walla this year! I’ll be pouring our wines at both the Rocks District welcome event and Grand Tasting, so hopefully I’ll get to meet some Berserkers. If anyone wants to come visit our winery while you are in town send me a message and I’d be happy to host. We also recently had a cancellation for that week’s booking in our vacation rental, Casa Grosgrain, so if anyone needs a last minute place to stay I can offer a 50% wine berserker discount. Info and pics here:

1 Like

I’m still looking for 2 tickets to the Burger and Bottle Share if anyone hears of some becoming available. Cheers!

See you there @Romain_Machacek!

Looking forward to seeing a a bunch of people I haven’t seen in a while, including you! This event should bring a few Rhone heads out of hiding at least for one weekend.

1 Like