Historic Vineyard Society Vineyard Tour & Dinner IV

Larry - GREAT PICTURES! We enjoyed seeing you again and meeting Lori. Can’t wait to connect in Livermore.

Brian - great to put a face to a name! I totally forgot you annotated the “this is Alex” picture last time.

Mike D. - another great event, I promise +6 more for next time just based on word of mouth!

Carey - great to meet you and the entourage. We would be lucky to have such table company at future HVS dinners.

Morgan, Mike D., Mike O., Bob , Joel, David, Teagan - thanks for your hard work as well as being such gracious hosts. Thanks also to Mondavi staff for the great night, and in general for tolerating us :slight_smile:

It was a fantastic day. Did anyone try the '84 Dickerson Ruby Cab?

Mike, it was '94. I was there when Joel opened it. That and the Dickerson Merlot were doing well. All the non-Ravenswood Dickerson Zins were off vintages and past their primes.

There was also a Louis Martini that was infected with botrytis. Was like drinking runoff from a mushroom farm.

Thanks for posting those Bottle pics Brian. The two Dickersons I missed completely, but I did get to try the '72 Martini Cab which I think comes from Monte Rosso.

There were others as well:

I remember selling the Dickerson Ruby Cabernet back in 1990-1991. Seem to recall it was a sturdy wine ('88 or '89 probably)

Thanks for sharing the great pictures, Larry. Well done. Almost like being there. Looks like there were some memorable wines I missed.

Thanks Doug. Hopefully we’ll see you next year (or probably some time before that.)

[worship.gif] OMG, these really pop on the 30 inch cinema monitor, Larry!

Thanks Doug! There was a time when I hated showing pics on monitors, but monitors have come a long way since then.

The 3rd one I’m planning to print sepia-toned and frame in a reclaimed wood frame, to submit to Alameda County Fair.

Yeah, looks great on my kitchen wall! Thanks again Larry!