Herman Story Release - You Have to Love These TN's!

I’ve had a couple of these and they are more like a cocktail than a wine. Definitely a wine to share with a few people as well if you wanted to finish off a bottle in one sitting. I only keep a few bottles of Herman Story around and they are so much fun to visit!

Yes, different strokes. I have a friend who loves these and was on the mailing list for a while, so I get the love for them.

I think the real key is to go into these wines with an open mind. As you can find in other threads, and alcohol number does not tell you the entire story. One might be surprised at their reaction to wines like these when tasted blind. It just depends.

I have not had the wines. The release notes are interesting - I am sure they reflect the writer and are an expression of the winery itself. They had me at the mention of Gronkowski flirtysmile .

I have enjoyed a variety of Herman Story wines the last several years, and, yes, they would be considered “big”. Saw somewhere on here related to Paso to make this the last stop for the day, and that is good advice based on my visit to Paso a couple of years ago.

The wax capsules can be challenging for some servers when you BYOB, though. I guess that’s been mostly dependent on the type of establishment.