Help reducing of my Cali releases-allocations

Who are you? neener

Keep Dakota Shy and Scarecrow. If you decide you do t love it you can sell later as itā€™s pretty much the only wine out there on that list that has a robust secondary market other than Harlan and itā€™s cheaper than Harlan.

Keep Bedrock. I like Carlisle, but if you want great zin it is readily available, at good prices, without obligation at retail, and I dig the heritage wines Morgan makes.

How about simply drop all California wines and move purchases to France and Oregon?

In fact, after reading Scottā€™s post, Iā€™m thinking about moving out of the state altogether. What do you think Scott - should I move to Portland? [wink.gif]

After what I drank in the Southern RhƓne recently, thinking of just stocking up on those. flirtysmile

A man who is relieved to be free of list pressure!

No Portland for me, although I hear they have great breweries.

I still love California wines and the zins canā€™t be beat anywhere. But for my tastes, Iā€™m finding more value these days in mid-priced Bdx than with Napa cabs.

As for PN, donā€™t worryā€¦Iā€™ll never switch to Burgundy!

So about your Macdonald list membershipā€¦

Definitely keep Dakota. Affordable and quality. Kata is a keeper. Vengeā€™s family home reserve is my favorite, yet is pricey after market.

From my cold dead hands!

[rofl.gif]

[rofl.gif]

I figured as much! Lol

Sadly, after the recent and continuing fires throughout the state, I think a lot of people will be moving out of state. New York Stateā€™s open for business.

Honestly there are a few missing from your list. You should add a couple to it.

Other techniques you can use, by themselves or in connection with dropping off lists, are just

(1) buy less from offerings - instead of a case of Bedrock, just buy six or four, for example.

(2) skip some offers. Maybe buy Limerick Lane once a year instead of twice. Even ones that are in an ā€œautomatic clubā€ mode, you can usually skip without getting dropped, or better still, just email the winery and say ā€œhey, I love the wines and want to keep being a customer, but I need to skip this fall because Iā€™m out of room or need to tighten my belt.ā€ You canā€™t do that on your most trophy / competitive lists, but you can on most of them.

Aside from those suggestions, the one thing that jumps out to me in there is Daou/Patrimony. Iā€™m guessing you and your wife visited and were blown away by the scenery and all or something? Thatā€™s fine, but Iā€™d say dump that list.