Help me pick a Champagne for my wife's birthday

They just emailed me. They’re out of the LP Grand Siecle 23. The have the 24, but while it’s a great wine, that’s 2007, 2006 and 2004. That’s fallen off my list.

Cheers,
Warren

Brad,
$185. The price has increased quite a bit since I bought the '09 Vilmart GC Rubis for under $110.
Cheers,
Warren

I would agree with that, not the same quality level. I’ve had it twice in the past 12 months and it begged for more cellar time. It has not the charm these bottling usually have and will need to mellow down and gain complexity and weight.

I also am not sure why you feel the need to rationalize an extravagance. Get the Krug and celebrate.

I got mine pre-arrival at MacArthur for only $129. Of course I’m still waiting on delivery.

1 Like

With the change to Emotion, The vintaged Rose now sits above Coeur de Cuvee in the range. It used to be below it (equivalent to Cuvee Creation), then was equal to it, and now with the change is above it. The Blanc de Blancs currently sits at the very top.

I would personally go 2012 Emotion as it drinks better young than the CdC due to the higher percentage of Pinot Noir and 2012 was an amazing year for Pinot Noir and Rose wines.

1 Like

Should we teach Warren how to fix a typo yet? Asking for a friend.

Typo? Chamagne is just east of Parus!

1 Like

You mean Aris?

1 Like