Hedonist or analyst?

Half is pushing it. [cheers.gif]

I rather wish I hadn’t bothered.

champagne.gif

New poll:

Are you a wine scold, rebuker, reprimander, reproacher, reprover, admonisher, chastiser, chider, or berater? neener

As the originator of a recent poll, I empathize. As least you weren’t accused of any hidden agendas or conspiratorial theories.

Dude. Thanks for stealing my thunder! I was just about to make that accusation!

The more pleasurable a wine is, the more reason I have to be analytical about it. Past the point of regular note taking, but do when appropriate.

Anton. 2/5=40%

Your answer is not in the poll results, but in all the nits that have been picked out of the question.

What did you expect? neener

Don’t feel like this was a total loss though. The “It’s wet, it’s giggle juice. I’m happy.” was good for a smile even if it was grammatically incorrect.

If I’ve ever posted a (by definition clearly flawed) poll in the past, I apologize, it won’t happen again [grin.gif]

Ian, it’s a worthwhile question and I like the choices you have set out. I would tend most to #4 but I also do want to extract a level of hedonism/pleasure out of most wine drinking experiences I have. Fine example (haven’t had time to post yet) is the 1995 Leonetti Merlot I had a couple nights ago. First opened and tasted, it was almost all analytical—me comparing it with my last sampling, deciding it needed some slow-oxygenation, worried about how it would show. The last sip? Eyes rollilng back, such pure pleasure and happiness that the wine had gotten to that place.

Make any sense?

Mike

I could by any of the above, depending on the night and the company.