Healdsburg winery and restaurant recommendations

Gary Farrell does a beautiful cheese pairing and the view is hard to beat. The wine is pricey but top notch.

Rochioli has closed their tasting room - but they taste by appointment - and it is well worth it if you can get in. Pinot, Chard and SB. We were there a month ago and they had all three - plus a sparkler that was delightful.

Someone above mentioned Rafanelli (hearty endorsement of this) - but you have to call for a tasting appointment. They are not open to the public. Cab, and Zin. Merlot once in a while.

I don’t think I saw a mention of Mazzacco, Just down the road from Ridge - and a nice contrast. Big powerful zins, and they have 15 of them or more. Fun tasting room. Great staff.

If you do head up to Geyserville to go to Frick (That was a great call BTW - just love his reasonably priced Rhône’s) - have lunch at Diavola (also good call above). But get there early.

Try to go to Holdredge when the “warden” is there - John tends to behave a little better [wink.gif]

Talty for Zins. Definitely a leaner Zin. Tasting room open open on the weekends. Appointment otherwise.
Michael Talty does the tasting.

Does Rafanelli pour their Cab? Been there and all they poured for us was zin. I’ve got several vintages of Terrace Select sleeping in the cellar and some of their regular Cab.

Was just at Jouneyman Meat on Friday. The salumi board was excellent, 6 different meats, a good pile of cheese, artichoke/bean mix, green olives, mini pickles/pickled green beans and toasted bread. Perfect for 2 people. The pizza and steak dishes also looked very good. We split a bottle of the 2016 San Lorenzo Rock Garden Zin that was outstanding. Highly recommended for lunch/dinner or picnic salumi!