HDH Burgundy Auction

If you don’t need to drink drc/Leroy/coche and wanted to pick up some 14/15/16s there were some very nice deals at the end. 16s - gouges prulier for $75, thibault liger belair LSG for 85, groffier sentiers for 120…etc

I really thought with restaurants probably not playing that prices would be coming down some.

So did I mate. So did I. [cry.gif] The Lignier and Meo-Camuzet lots that were on my watch list all ended up much higher than my budget. [pwn.gif]

Do those numbers include hammer and tax? Look like good prices.

Not tax but yes vig.

Really? Wwwwwelcome to the 90s Mr. Bahnks. I bid $650 for two bottles of Rav 08 Valmur (other than the 05 Valmur, my fav chablis of all time). Hammered at $1300! After buyer’s premium, that is roughly $800 per bottle. The Rav boat has sailed.

that will be later. Wines had to get to HDH a couple months ago to be listed in this auction, so likely sent pre-Covid. Next auction may show restaurant wines. But maybe I’m talking a different subject.

I think he meant restaurants not bidding. From a legal perspective I imagine it might be a lot.longer until restaurant wines show up at auction. Currently restaurants are in a bit of limbo…if they can sell wine for cash they can use it to cover rent, salaries, etc, but consigning could be legally fraught for both parties.

Looks like another healthy day of bidding. At least I got the case I wanted yesterday closer to the low than the high…

Do y’all utilize auctions because it has a lot of hard to get wines or for pricing?

I find it hard to believe its cheaper after the fee and shipping.

For me, it’s 95% of the time hard to get wines with some age and 5% of the time it’s a price that can’t be beat even when you factor in buyer premium and shipping.

Got 1 lot so far.

6x750 OC of 2010 Lafarge Clos des Chenes just went for $4,000 (pre 19.5% vig), but then 3 in a mixed lot with one 2011 Clos des Chenes mag went for $1,100…

These prices are insanity.

This auction is proving that I’m low rent. [cry.gif] [head-bang.gif]

Maybe one bad apple spoiled the lot. [snort.gif]

That Lafarge lot and the Duroche lots were hilarious. The 2011 lot made sense - it’s 2011…

Yeah I was following the Duroché 1923 VV - weird to see them go over retail.

All the Duroche went way over, not just the VV. New darling, I guess.

What were the Duroche (shay); I have a bunch:)

The 2014 wasn’t too bad.
The 15 was ridiculous.