HDH 15% Off

FYI, don’t forget sales tax. I bought 3 cases from an HDH auction earlier in the summer. I knew that I would be in Chicago for the PJ shows later in the summer, so I considered picking up during my trip to Chicago. I requested a shipping quote and pickup quote. There was a difference of $60 between picking up and shipping. For $60, I decided it wasn’t worth my time and effort to pick up and haul 3 cases back with me.

Yes, HDH shipping prices are absurd. With my first experience about 2 years ago I was charged $80 for shipping 6 bottles of bourbon. The 3 cases of wine was about $60 per case.

James

True, it’s probably not worth bringing it bc of sales tax.

+1

I’ve never bought from HDH prior to this week but the shipping charge was $49 for 12 bottles to go out here to Southern Cal. That doesn’t seem out of line to me. And no sales tax, FWIW.

I had put together an order at Vinopolis… a single case… shipping quote was $120… I did not place the order.

It’s going to be $40 for me to ship a case to Seattle. Tough to beat that!

Some nice prices on lower end Hudelot-Noellat wines.

Was tempted on the Chambolle and VR, but will wait to try them at Paulee…

‘04 Krug for $211. Still some available. 20 bucks to ship to my locker at Domaine in Jersey.

Nice price.
Just bought at pack.

Wish I’d waited for this sale to buy some stuff.

Just seeing this now - had to buy some of the G.D. Vajra barolo listed - nice pricing! The 2013 and 2014s are really nice.

Double dipped - 2013 Cogno Ravera this time.

Was looking at a single bottle of VCC and received a quote from HDH of $89 to ship it to Tampa, FL , three day ground. Go figure.

consistent with my experience

I used to buy a fair bit from HDH until they moved to a more auction-based model over retail, and about doubled the shipping costs. Too bad, great merchandise and customer service.

My 12 pack to CA ground was $49

Something does not compute here. Chicago to Laguna Beach, 2022 miles. Chicago to Tampa, 1172 miles. 12 bottles vs 1 bottle.

CA is probably the easiest state to ship to whereas others may necessitate the use of a third party solution.

was out of town all week. Just started shopping. Sale ended while adding items to my cart.