Having some burg in the Bay Area, 4/13/16 (Hopscotch in Oakland) (CONFIRM ATTENDANCE)

Have you guys considered maybe a Chinese restaurant? Usually no corkage (at least in LA) and the bigger ones should be able to accommodate large amounts of people.

Jesse, would be great to have you join. Even though I think we’re already at our max of one for lawyers :wink:

We’ve done that a few times on the peninsula, anyone know one in Oakland that would be appropriate?

be good to meet up Jesse! Should definitely make it if you can.

Sounds great. Please keep me in the loop. Thanks all!

J C h e n g

Let’s cap it at 14 yeah? Then start a waitlist?

I would be interested, mostly to meet Charlie. Kind regards - gene

Mystery Paul on the list :slight_smile:

Here’s an update of the usual suspects:

Charlie
Alan
Nick
Dan (?)
Craig
Joel
Vamsi
Gene P
John
Ed
Cindy
Rob
Jesse
Gene M
Paul B

Waitlist

That's 15, with Dan (?), and never in the history of offlines have that many people showed up without anyone dropping. So I'll cap it here, and start a waitlist.

Does that mean Craig has to start swallowing little plastic bags full of wine??? [wink.gif]

So the owner of Duende won’t budge on the corkage or the pre fix so I’ll leave it up the group to decide if we should still go there or not. If you do get a chance I would recommend the place.

Bummer. $25 for every bottle we bring in with a large group is painful. I’m tempted to suggest we just go to Sole on the peninsula, better location for almost everyone, free corkage, fast service, only 15 minutes further from OAK than somewhere in downtown Oakland.

Kind of up to Charlie. I’m willing to go for Duende if Charlie wants to be closer to the airport.

i cannot find this Sole restaurant on the interwebs. Probably cause I don’t know what the peninsula is.

So no go on chinese restaurants in oakland? Something like https://www.yelp.com/biz/peony-seafood-restaurant-oakland ?

Charlie I can ask about Chinese in OAK if you want. I’m up for that for sure. I just hope someone knows how to order the good stuff.

just curious is all. I can always do the ordering. I don’t mind paying corkage but only if I know i’m getting some nice stemware out of it.

Also I just found Sole. i think that’s too far. 40 minute drive might mean i’ll barely stay for a hour and a half if we start at 5:30

Just FYI, OAK at 8pm on a Wednesday is going to be dead, zip through security, 5 minutes to your gate. Sole is more like 30 minutes with no traffic, but I agree it’s farther than you’d like.

I’m up for Chinese, just don’t have any connections or know the places up there.

Chinese and stemware don’t seem to ever match, so don’t worry about it. We usually bring our own anyways (we will cover you). My friend mentioned 2 places: Peony and Legendary Palace. I have no knowledge of either of these so if anyone wants to do a little research…
My thoughts are we pick any decent restaurant that has no or very little fee. With me its about the wine and the company.

You could always do BART. SF Embarcadero station to OAK is only 32 min. per website. What time is your departure?

Yelp says Legendary Palace is permanently closed.

I guess not to Legendary then [scratch.gif]