Have you dealt with LJ McLeod? (Mod edit)

Here’s his email: flatblackinkcorp@gmail.com

I bought two bottles and got them fine.

He used another email address with me, it is:

Alexandra Greer
Ally97g@gmail.com

Hope it helps

I referred him to a friend off the boards who inquired to me about his post. The address he provided me was:

Send check to:

Lyndon McLeod
PO Box 19924
Denver CO 80219

My friend has had his check cashed.

I have also confirmed that LJ has sold the same sqn 6pack to two people who are close friends of mine neither of which have received the wine yet.

Always a red flag when:

• You register and the next day are already posting about super expensive, cultish wines like SQN, Lafite, etc.
  • You are on the record using two different names to sell
  • You are on the record using two different email addresses to sell
  • You are using a P.O. Box

Hope you guys are able to get some resolution around this!

I wanted to buy one of his Sassacaias and when I responded, he told me he would only ship on at least 6 bottles. Lucky for me he said that as I thought for a newcomer he was too pushy. Sorry for all who look to be taken advantage of.

I have no dog in this fight but hate to see anyone get screwed like this. I’m not accusing but has anyone looked at the first feedback on this guy?

"m saskin

Lyndon (LJ) McLeod - excellent seller
Post #1 by m saskin » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:44 pm
Just wanted to provide some feedback, had an excellent experience buying from Lyndon. Quick discussions to sort out price and shipping, Lyndon was able to hold onto the wine a few weeks longer than planned as I was out of the country, and shipped promptly when requested. Purchased 12 bottles total with original cases, wine was packaged very well and arrived with no issues.

-matthew"

m.saskin could be totally innocent but it is quite a coincidence that the first positive review comes from someone with only 2 posts and joined the boards within a month of each other. this could have been the hook for the con.

I really hope, with the help of the police if necessary, you get this guy.

News flash: police won’t do anything.

I have a phone number if that would help at all, feel free to PM me if you need it. I was probably one of the first to buy wines from him and didn’t have any issues whatsoever. It is unfortunate to see this happen as I took him as a very courteous individual.

I emailed him about some bottles but without any history I asked for quite a bit lower price and he said no.

Thank god.

One suggestion I have is to not count any posts in an opt-in forum (e.g. Politics) toward those required to post on CC, as some people won’t see them in a search (I think that’s the case). He came across as a dick in Politics and I suspect many there would not have bought just based on his attitudes. He was also pretty clearly making posts just to get up to the limit. We even commented on that but again in Politics so many people wouldn’t have seen it.

First, Tex is right on about getting police involved, they don’t have any jurisdiction nor will/can they conduct investigations on petty or grand theft of this sort involving two states. Give your attorney 10K and he’ll look into it to see if there will be any return on your purchase.

Second, some of the wine purchased has been delivered indicating he has some or all of the wine offered. There are a myriad of variables that would come into play that may cause later delivery or refund. Everybody should have been this quick to notice problems with certain winery in Burgundy because the flags were flying early.

Third, either require a years membership on tbe board to utilize commerce corner for sales or everybody shun sales from newbees without member support.

There have been several recent new posters that clearly were padding their post count with the sole purpose of posting on CC, this guy being one of them.

Not defending him, and I had no dealings with him, but the only thing I don’t get is why he would ship partial orders. If you are planning to screw someone, why ship anything?

Well, this has certainly headed into rabbit hole territory. Blows my mind that someone would risk damaging both their personal and biz reputation over something like this. What did this dude stand to profit, perhaps several grand from what I can surmise? Congrats, Lyndon, I hope it was worth it.

I keep clinging to the belief that there has to be SOME sort of excuse for him to so boldly and egregiously bail on his obligations. This does not seem to be the most well-thought-out scam.

The good news is that there is a 43-year old man named Lyndon McLeod who lives in Denver. It at least appears that this guy is who he says.

It also appears the guy in Denver on Bryant St has an arrest record not sure for what yet.

Today is the day he alledged he would make things right after he gets back from being away for a few days…

I’ve previously made the suggestion that commerce corner should be open to subscribers only. I think it would cut down on these kind of shenanigans.

That, and not being able to spell SQN. [cheers.gif]

That’s not necessarily true as they were quite helpful in turnging the screws on a guy in Arizona who ripped a bunch of people off.

I would not hold my breath in Colorado.