Have a "what would you do?" scenario (heat shipping)

FWIW, I had a delivery into Florida two weeks ago where temps were well into the 90s, and with the slip-in ice packs, the bottles arrived quite cool to the touch. I would not ordinarily take delivery this way, but it worked in this instance.

Fly to NY and back and pick it up.

Or

Have a courier take it to dartagnan and have them ship it with some lovely duck flesh.

It’s actually going to be well over 90 later this week in LA - I would ship it expedited with ice packs if offered. Why risk it?

Appreciate all the feedback, exactly why I love this forum! Taking a leap and going for it…shipping overnight AM delivery in a multi bottle styro container with ice packs surrounded around and labels protected. Wish me luck. [cheers.gif] [thankyou.gif]

Good luck!

It should be fine.

I once had Corey mule down a 1990 Joguet to Orlando. I didn’t even know him at the time. It was the price of his admission to a wine party. The only downside was, we had to hang out with Corey for the evening.

you’ll be fine with overnight AM delivery.

Here are some of my experiences with heat shipping…

1. Ice pack for sure. But its hard to find a single bottle shipper that can fit an ice pack.

2. Shipper must have styro built to hold ice pack. Just throwing an ice pack into a styro shipper does not work as well.

3. 2-day works fine, almost as well as overnight.

4. UPS and FedEx 2-day and overnight travel at night on the planes, so it never sees heat of daylight.

5. One MUST have the final destination be a business. Air shipping is delivered to businesses by 11am. Residences by 4pm, unless you specify AM delivery. So if the final city is hot, waiting those extra hours can be deadly.

Good luck!