Has anyone tasted wines from Trump Winery

Doubleback, from former NFL quarterback Drew Bledsoe, makes excellent wines. Not really my style, but they are very high quality.

And many I’m not brave/interested enough in to find out.

RT

Anyone tried Vermeil?
Or changing sports, Yao?

I tried Vermeil once towards the end of the MacArthurs barrel tasting a number of years ago. As I recall, it was good but aggressively priced. But I repeat it was one of, if not the last tables I hit, so take my recollection with a grain of salt.

Childress in North Carolina is hit or miss but when good can be very good. I had a really good Viognier from them and carried home half a case. Next time in NC, I went to the local wine shop for more and it was the next vintage. Let’s just leave it at those bottles we’re not nearly as pleasant. The Chardonnay was not bad but not inspired either and I don’t even remember the reds. It’s been a number of years so things could have changed.

total dick move on my part? Maybe she wrote the wikipedia version

From Kelly’s blog on Miraval
https://thefinestitalianwine.com/celebrities-who-owns-wineries-brad-pit-and-angelina-jolie/

Château Miraval, a château and vineyard located in the village of Correns, just north of Brignoles, a village in the Var département in the south of France

from Wikipedia

Château Miraval is a château and vineyard located in the village of Correns, just north of Brignoles, a village in the Var département in the south of France

Ibid.

[popcorn.gif] [popcorn.gif] grouphug [popcorn.gif] [popcorn.gif]

Please explain how that is a dick move? How is quoting from wiki’s page a dick move? I know you are trying to belittle me but as long as i wasn’t paid to write a review about Miraval nor was i invited to taste it, i might as well quote from a verified source. Say whatever you want but thats blogging.

1 Like

I was referencing “my dick move” of noting that you had plagiarized Wikipedia.

I’ll stop now, sorry.

+1 on Greg Norman. Haven’t had one in a few years - from looking at Wine Searcher it appears they’ve aimed for an even less expensive price point (now in the $8-12 range) - but recall liking them in that <$20 range.

+1. Trump or otherwise, Virginia is a marginal climate for fine wines. Remains quite warm during the summer, even through the night.

I seem to recall that folks were were generally positive if not effusive about Fess Parker’s wines.

I am not a fan of VA wines in general, but I am not sure that they pale when compared to those produced anywhere not on the west coast. They are just way too expensive to encourage much experimentation

I remember the Ernie Els wines being pretty good QPR but I haven’t seen them in years, at least in the DC area.

When I first started enjoying wine, picking up a bottle of Greg Norman’s blend from Costco for $9.99 was a treat.

It has long annoyed me that Trump Wines can’t even get the name of their sparkling wine right. The label says “Blanc de Blanc”.

Like most Virginia wines our here in Charlottesville, the reds are pretty forgettable. Drinkable but not interesting. Their whites, Ok. The sparkling wines are their best but overpriced for what you get.

Did you quote them though? To quote somebody you need to give the original source credit for what they wrote, otherwise it is just plagiarism…

If I can circle back to Virginia wine, there is one winery owned by a semi-celebrity that has made very credible wine.

Boxwood is owned by John Kent Cooke, son of Jack Kent Cooke who owned the Washington Redskins. It’s been 10 years since I last tried a bottle and I don’t know how they are doing now, but back then the red Bordeaux blends were of very good quality and fairly priced. I should also mention that my friend the vineyard consultant has worked for them.

Dan Kravitz

Excellent summary.

I think Michael Shaps are a bit better than your average VA wines.

Was there last year, about the same as you remembered, “very good quality and fairly priced”. Although a cab franc I had a few months ago was corked.