Has anyone moved a Eurocave?

Thanks guys for your input! I’ll move it in my SUV tomorrow!

Don,
Yes , it was on it’s side part or the time and it was a wooden exterior Confort Duo (2 temp. zones ).
My wife & I were able to handle it with the dolly and a rental truck.
Discounted unused from $7,500 to $1,800, because the owner had to stop drinking.

From CH to California…just needed to wire an outlet in the house for 220v. Knock on wood three years on and still running like a charm.

Moved 2 from NY to London, then 4 years later from London to Sydney. No issues

I moved two, kept upright, waited 24 hours to start.
No worries.

I ended up moving the Eurocave Comfort 266 in my SUV on the right side (facing it) for 2h. I then waited 4 days before I plugged it in. It survived fine and is still working properly.

Brought back this ancient thread (well, not THAT old, considering our posts go back to 2009!) because I just had a successful wine cabinet move.

Michel Abood alerted me, via a FB wine group I’m in, of a free wine cabinet/cellar in the San Diego area. The resident was getting rid of it for free as the prior owner of the house left it there, and was trying to sell it, to no avail. I drove a neighbor’s pickup truck down there to pick it up, transported it the 45 miles on its side, waited 24 hours to turn it on, and it works like a charm!

While ugly as sin (non-stained mahogany, somewhat dirty), it works perfectly, and holds 360 bottles! It’s an older single-door Vinotemp 400E, and all I had to do is replace the cam latch ($29 shipped from Vinotemp) and will stain it so it’s not as hideous, even if it is in the garage.

Very excited, as now I don’t have to invest $10k plus in converting a large closet, at least for a while, as this, with my LeCache 2400, should hold all my wines, including what’s at the offsite.

Until you fill this one and need even more storage. neener neener [cheers.gif]

I have the best Eurocave story.
Purchased my very first in 1982.
Moved it to my new apartment when I got married 1987.
Replaced the compressor in 1993.
Sold in 1995. Moved to my buddy’s garage 15 miles away.
It is still going. 39 years.

Yes, just keep it upright when moving it.

It seems like it’s not too hard to find cheap or free wine fridges, but they’re almost never where you are located.

Yup, fortunately this was nearby, and I got the boss’ approval, though at a cost…

And that has already begun…DAMMIT! Now that I know I have ‘more space’ (which I don’t, I have about the capacity of these two) I ordered more, immediately

I had the exact same cabinet as Todd that I took from a friend to sell for him. Sat in my garage for 2 years. LOL

WB Sean’s friend took it about 6 months ago.

We tipped it over into the truck bed. There’s no way that thing will go upright by mere mortals.

I told him to let it sit upright in it’s final destination for a few days before plugging in. Worked like a champ.

1 Like

How were you unable to give it away to an OC Berserker…like me???

Agree with this.

I tried…

Oh snap, that’s a big’n!

We just sold our OC house and the buyers wanted the Le Cache, thank goodness. I guess if they change their minds, there might be another on the local market at some point :joy:

Dude! You’re in Nashville full time now?

Bummed if so.

Yup! But I hope to come out for Falltacular at least. Come visit! It’s great here. Our basement cellar is almost done (racking starts going in tomorrow).