Guess the score

3 to 1 in the bottom of the 8th

Sounds young, not mediocre, unfocused, hot… Just sayin.[/quote]

Brian,

First let me be clear that I’m not trying to bash the poster – I like him. But I was answering Jay’s comments about scoring on potential. (I’m not even saying that it’s necessarily wrong to judge on potential, it’s just not what I do.)

When I score a wine, try to score it based on how it is performing when I drink it. I agree that the wine that he scored sounds young, but when you read “not fun to drink now” how can you think that this merits a good score unless you are judging on potential?[/quote]

I wasn’t inferring as such. sorry if it came across that way. He basically said he opened it too soon and should wait 20 years. That to me makes sense.The first guy just had nothing good to say but still liked the wine. Never said why. That’s what I found odd.

I agree Corey that some people are better at communicating ideas with prose than others. That certain prolific writer IMO communicates nothing with his writing except the apparent soul-crushing drudgery it must be to write thousands of tasting notes.

Anyway my comment was about a specific note (not written by RJ) where it had been suggested to add more numbers to help communicate something that was already evident in the text.

Unless I had some experience with the wine or wine maker I don’t think I could possible put a score on a wine like that.
I do score wines on CT in hopes it can benefit the community, but I leave a lot unrated.

P Hickner

LOL, I was thinking 102! [basic-smile.gif]

Given the reference to all the heat, shouldn’t it be 451?*

Bruce

*My apologies to Ray Bradbury…