Grind your gears: the Silicon Valley Bank wine report is out

1 Like

Proximity, but no borders. And the part of Canada that is in proximity is sparsely populated.

1 Like

“GunBun” … seriously? I now accept that I know nothing about wine marketing. Yes, I understand where the name came from, but that really doesn’t make it any less ridiculous on the label.

“GunBun currently produces two wines: a 2021 GunBun Pinot Noir ($24.99) from the Petaluma Gap and a 2021 GunBun Cabernet Sauvignon ($29.99) sourced primarily from the west-facing slopes of the Mayacamas.”

So, how will these differ from the sea of other wines at the same price points? Just the stupid name? Or is there something else?

4 Likes

“Both wines will be distributed throughout California (buns), Texas (guns) and Florida (guns & buns) at various retail and restaurant outlets.”

1 Like

Wine has been made with additives for literally thousands of years. Turns out that running grapes through the complicated process of fermentation and then aging the wine raises some chemical and biological challenges. If you want pure grape juice instead of wine there are plenty of ways to purchase that, and you’ll save a lot of money too. Don’t try to age it though!

1 Like

You could ask that question about any wine, from the cheapest to the most expensive, from the cult to the box.

1 Like

That’s right; and we do. We discuss this question all the time. It’s just the thoughts and details that change, depending on the wine(s) being discussed.

2 Likes

371 posts were split to a new topic: Silicon Valley Bank failure