Grill / Smoker / Other Meat Prep

Never seen a Stumps before. Interesting design. Do you use the ball valve to control the temp?

No, you can but since I use the BBQ guru, you open the valve 100% and the fan screws into the open valve. The microprocessor then pulses the fan to maintain whatever smoker set point temperature you want, works like a charm.
https://bbqguru.com
The stumps is a heavy duty smoker, it weighs a ton, probably a little more than what we need (just the two of us) and I have the “baby” model.
There are two characteristics that I don’t care for; cleaning out the charcoal chute when your done is a bit messy and when your doing a cook and pull out the grate to baste or sauce your food there is nothing to catch the drippings.
Having said that, it does a really good job on the smoke.

I got the Flame Boss 300 with wi-fi. Works well, generally handy. But the key is to let me sleep peacefully if I’m doing a brisket or something overnight.

At the house I have a Weber Ranch Kettle that handle the duties of direct and indirect grilling as well as low temp smoking.

At the ranch, I also have a Ranch Kettle and an offset 24 X 48 inch barrel smoker.

That’s why I love the Traeger for smoking. But having something like that would also grill and move to one apparatus would be nice.