Grenache Blanc recommendations

+Whatever on Tablas Creek. And, since it’s still available on their website:

Bonny Doon! Grenache Blanc and some blends featuring the grape.

Tasted and bought the Gren Blanc before Bonny Doon tasting room closed.

Cheers!

None of these available in my city, as usual.

Most are available to order online :slight_smile: Not a variety that is going to be heavily distributed unfortunately . . .

Tercero is a really good one. Between the quality of the wine and Larry’s smart use of screwcaps, the wine holds up and then actually develops and matures nicely with age too.

Here’s one at 10 years old: TN: 2010 Tercero Grenache Blanc Camp 4 Vineyard - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

To be clear, I’m not saying you have to lay them down for years or anything. They’re great on day one. But it’s nice that (a) if you don’t get to some in the first few years it won’t decline at all, as many whites in the broader category would, and (b) if do want to hold a few and see how they develop, you’d be rewarded for it.

I’ll second Tercero. I was expecting something closer to Pinot Grigio when I first tried one - but it was rich with a fullness not normally found in whites. Really good.

Holy Shit, you’re right Brian…got my blancs all confused. Obviously I need to spend more time “reading” on WB.

Agreed - great wines year in and year out!

Cheers

I’m drinking Larry’s 2016 right now. Full, rounded fruit with a nice bright acidic freshness. Nicely done.

I have a Tablas Creek too, but not opened yet.

I have been drinking the Two Shepherds Grenache Blanc since the 2011 vintage. I think it was originally Saarloos Vineyards (Santa Ynez) and more recent ones including blends were Sonoma based. Not sure if it’s still made. Great food wines and nice price on the whites.

Just sampled Perrin Les Sinard - with a majority of Grenach Blanc, very nice wine, fragrant and balanced, mild acidity with a medium finish… snagged four bottles from a recent tasting here…

Joseph Swan Vineyards makes an excellent Grenache Blanc that’s a perfect outdoor wine for the summer. They also do an orange bottling that was given extensive skin contact. Not always my thing, but it’s a good example.

I’ll also nominate Tercero’s as an excellent example. Really crisp and tasty.

People mention Tablas - which white are we reffering to here? The cheap one or the more expensive one?

They actually have a Grenache Blanc varietal bottling.

I’ve had it a few times. It’s a good wine, but I would put Curran and Tercero a solid level higher, in my personal opinion.

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Ridge’s Grenache Blanc. Quite good, at least the vintage I tried.

Don’t forget the Spanish Garnacha blancas. They can be both good and cheap! I

Agreed - they do a great job with the variety from the Adelaida district in Paso Robles. Note that they tend to blend in other varieties rather than it being 100% GB - not a bad thing at all but just worth mentioning.

Cheers

The '22, a blend of several different Paso vnyds, is their best one yet.
Tom

Rotem & Mounir Saouma Côtes du Rhône Villages Inopia Blanc

I’ve enjoyed Herencia Altes Garnatxa Blanca from Terra Alta, Spain and also Rall Grenache Blanc from South Africa. Seem to go well for my palate with Indian curries.

Cheers

Dave