Great lunch with Peter and friends: Boillot Mouchères, Mallard Corton and Damoy Clos de Bèze

Mike…thanks for the TNs.

For me it is very difficulty to get wines from NY - for personal enjoyment - so my main purchase of any high-end reds, I relay on SAQ and to a certain extend on LCBO.

I got my Mallard Les Renders 2010 from LCBO - M. Mallard - Corton - Les Renardes 10 (LCBO 364893 $139 ).

SAQ only released Mallard Le Rognet 2015 and his 2016 never came. I am currently back-filing the 2016 Le Rognet from Halpern. It is quite pricey.

As far as Mallard’s style, I much prefer the CdV by Eugenie - but sadly, it is very difficult to buy a few bottles from SAQ and/or LCBO.

SAQ last release of any Damoy were from vintage 2014. SAQ still have a few bottles of his Chambertin, CdBese and Chappelle from 2013 and 2014. They are priced quite reasonably with the Chambertin and CdBeze at CA$400. I got most of them when SAQ put them on on-line fire sale.

LCBO still has multiple bs of Damoy CdBese 2014 available and it is slightly priced higher than the SAQ.