Grassl Glass & VYCE Drinkware Announcement / Free Glasses!

The Vyce tumblers - I assume they’re thicker than the Grassl wine glasses?

Also, if anyone wants to see the 1855s in action, check out the Reichwage thread.

The Vyce tumblers - I assume they’re thicker than the Grassl wine glasses?

quite similar - but certainly a tad thicker, but even 1MM is a material % increase.
You worried about durability? we’ve been drinking from them and washing them for months. No breakage. their small size and weight is a benefit to their fragility so far.

1 Like

Order in - looking forward to trying both the 1855s and the new tumblers as well!

Order in for some new tumblers.

Responding to Neal’s inquiry:

I’ve been beyond satisfied with the 6-glass Champagne set. They’re my go-to for any and all Champagnes now and function perfectly. As a bonus they are perfect for Sauternes too which isn’t surprising as they are shaped very similarly to the Riedel sommelier Sauternes. The mineralite is better for riesling but not as good for Champagne as the Champagne glass. If you haven’t held these, the elemental series (which includes the Champagne) are still extremely light, noticeably lighter than the Riedel vinum. I have not broken one yet, 100% machine wash on gentle/china cycle.

1 Like

I like drinking Champagne from the Champagne glass, but I recently did a side by side comparison between the Champagne glass and the Mineralite and Champagne in the Mineralite had a far more expressive nose. YMMV.

1 Like

Yes, glassware and customer service are top notch.

Ordered the lower priced tumblers and stemless as a prophylactic against my history of breaking stemware.

newhere Ordered! Love your glasses! Can’t wait to try the VYCE! Thanks for being so generous with those!!

I love the voyage carrying case and cloth even though I’ve only used the carrying case a few times. Just wondering how to clean the cloth. Products are great!

1 Like

Hi Chris. Are the champagne glasses available in anything other than 6-pack? Thanks!

Order in! Fantastic deal and great service.

Zachary - throw the polishing cloth in your washing machine, no softener.

Ed - for this sale, no, we’re sticking to 6 packs.

and, ahem…folks, don’t split your orders up between yourself and your wife/spouse/so to get more ‘free’ glasses. That’s not the intent of the sale…C’mon…

In for a few more 1855s

Neal, how many glasses are you looking to pick up? If 6, go with the elemental series champagne glass. These are slightly thicker and thus more durable, but very classy. More of a single purpose wine glass (except perhaps for dessert wines as alluded to above).

If only looking for 2-4, I suggest to go with the vigneron series. Those are hand blown, much finer, but also offer more versatility. I have a set of 8 Liberté at home that we use for champagne and focused whites. If it were 15% bigger, it would be the perfect universal glass.

The mineralité is dimensionally in the middle, but still a very delicate glass. Many others have posted that this is their go-to Riesling glass, and I’d contest it’s beautiful for showing champagne as well. Buy 2 of these and see what you think. I hear they show champagne from .375 better than any other glass on the market…

elemental series…These are machine made

Nope. Mouth-blown, kind sir…

Snagged a couple 1855. I think the free glass promo went thru correctly, but maybe I got more than I should?

Either way, thanks for the great deal!!

My apologies Chris, edited. Were the original versatile glasses machined? The transition from bowl to stem felt like it. Bottom line for the counselor is that the mineralité is a thinner glass, and the right choice :wink:

1 Like

John, no…Grassl is and will always be a mouth-blown stem.
What has happened is a continual improvement in our molds and the experience the artisans have gained over 250,000 stems since we launched in 2018. In both lines, the Vigneron and Elemental, the bowl and stem are blown/drawn as one item and the base is attached. Your awareness of a bowl / stem seam feeling like a ‘machine-made tell’, is totally fair, and insightful. My hunch? You got a batch made on Monday by a rookie. :slight_smile:.

And, I second your vote for the Mineralité as the glass for bubbles.

1 Like

In for a couple of Libertés! Excited to see if these replace Zalto as my go to glass. Crazy good deals.

In for a couple sets of rocks glasses to go with our existing Grassl collection!

1 Like