Good Old Days At Eleven Madison Park

[quote=“Mark Golodetz” post_id=2722136 time=1556402919 user_id=254

The hullabaloo over the chicken reduced us to hysterics; and the eventual bird did not do justice to the script.

[/quote]

I thought it was a duck.

An Amish chicken, with lots of bells and whistles (foie gras, truffles etc) that we found bland. B for the chicken, A- for the build up.

The much ballyhooed lavender duck was no great shakes either.

Was that at EMP as well? I only remember it at NoMad.

I only remember that chicken at NoMad as well. Also tons of butter to go with the foie gras and truffles. Way too rich for me. EMP signature dish was the lavender duck.

Definitely 11 Mad. We used to joke about it until we met the $100 bird at L’Ami Louis.

Was it the roast chicken with truffles and leeks? I never tried it myself.

https://www.bookish.com/articles/how-to-make-eleven-madison-parks-roasted-chicken/

Same here. Only remember that chicken you describe at NoMad not EMP.

The chicken dish originated at EMP before the Nomad opened. I remember having it at lunch at EMP back in the good old days when you could eat lunch there for around $30. It may not have been exactly the same as the Nomad chicken but it was pretty close I think. I remember it being good but thinking that it wasn’t as good as the super fresh chickens I get from Iacono Farms in East Hampton.

That ~$30 lunch special at EMP was really the good old days then. My wife and I went a number of times and really enjoyed the beautiful room and great service, although I have to say I’ve never been blown away by the food there. But for $30 you couldn’t go wrong. Now lunch will run 10x that.

I also remember the chicken on the lunch menu at EMP. Very similar to the one at NoMad. I think it had foie gras and brioche spread under the skin. I only remember the duck on the dinner menu though. Not sure they had chicken at night. I used to love EMP back in the day. Haven’t been in quite a while though.

Oh man, what a blast from the past. EMP was so much fun, but like many here I haven’t been back in ages. Last time there was the grid menu.